style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I have been offered a job with Debenhams, the contract arrived today and it states 'we anticipate you will be with us till 24th November 2013'. I knew it's a temporary contract but the Department Manager said it's more of a rolling temporary contract. Has anyone been offered a temp job with Debenhams before and whether they got to stay on longer than the end date? It seems illogical to leave on that date as the Christmas rush will be starting and they always take on Christmas staff!

Any information would be gratefully received!

If i recall stores do it like this to see which staff are hard-working and loyal to keep for the Christmas break

Tt will give them time to root out the ones who dont work. because obviously if they put a date such as temp to jan 10th and they employed 25 people them 8 are good the rest dont do nothing, the store would be faced with 17 on the books stuck with them until their contract runs out during the busiest peroid of the year. Where as they can employ different people for christmas if people in the current temp program isnt up to scratch.

the downside is they could get rid of the 17 and employ another 17 who are worse than the ones that didnt have their contracts extended

i may be wrong but this is what they used to do a couple of years ago

The initial contract will still have an end date on it even if it's expected to become a rolling contract. After that date it will just turn into a weekly/monthly rolling contract. This is normal pretty much everywhere, not just at Debenhams. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Just work hard and give it your best and you shouldn't have anything to worry about.