Need advice. Police now involved due to actions of debt collection company.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For reasons that will become obvious I cannot name the debt collection company or the retail company.

I have dealt with a number of D.C.A,s in the past. (with lots of help form this site).

A friend of mine asked if I could help a young woman who had received an assignment letter from XXX.

I had not heard of this company before but after careful research into the people on the letter

one of them was well know to this forum, so I decided to see what i could do to get them off her back.

My first action was to get a copy of their assignment letter

and details of the woman's account with the retail firm the the D.C.A had used.

The woman stated that she had no account with the retail company.

Via e-mail I sent a copy of the D.C.A,s assignment letter and the womans details to the retail company stated in the assignment letter.

They Gave me an answer within 10 minutes and clearly stated that the woman

I was helping was not in any way connected to the company,

did not have an account and they were very angry that this D.C.A was fraudulently trying to claim that they representing them.

they asked Me to provide them with more details.

When talking to the woman she told me that her ex partner had an account with this retail company

and after looking at some old statements found that the amount that he owed was the same amount that the D.C.A was after.

after some thought I e_mailed the D.C.A And asked them If they could chase a debt for me.

I cannot go into the specifics of their reply but for £12.45 and no questions asked

they would send three letters and make three phone calls (door step calls extra).

I did not need no proof of debt Just a Name.

I sent what I had learned to the retail company thinking I had proved that this young lady had no debt

and that was the end of the matter.

However the Company have now informed me of the crime numbers given to them by the police.

The company reported the actions of both her ex Partner and The D.C.A.

Since the police issued the Crime numbers the D.C.A has gone from the net all you get is error 404.

the phone line are also gone I,ve checked.

The Police want to speak with me!

I dont want to be involved what can I do

the original company has quite rightly registered fraud here.

I can see no reason why you should not help the police.

you could be doing lots of people a favour here.

another spoofing dca bites the dust!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You don't really have a choice, but can probably just make a written statement about the actions you took and what information you found out. They may send an officer to take a statement from you. That will be it I suspect.

When the Police get to the bottom of what happened, I expect that the ex has just employed the DCA to chase a debt that he thinks is owed by his ex-partner. Perhaps it was items for her that were bought on his account. The retail company had never instructed the DCA, but you were not to know this, but the DCA may have incorrectly advised they were chasing on behalf of the retail company, when it was in fact the ex-partner.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You don't have a choice. Speak with the police and explain what you've put here.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

I must make the following Clear The D.C.A when sending the assignment letter stated that they were representing the company. Not they ex! They stated that they had brought the debt from the retail company. They stated that the the debt was now there legal property and that the woman could only deal with them. They cannot claim that the ex represented the retail company

I would forget about this for the minute and see what happens. Many such cases are reported to the Police via the Action Fraud helpline, but are not followed up. So you may never receive any request for information.

The DCA will need to address why they were chasing the wrong person and that is for your friend to resolve if need be.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I would forget about this for the minute and see what happens. Many such cases are reported to the Police via the Action Fraud helpline, but are not followed up. So you may never receive any request for information.

The DCA will need to address why they were chasing the wrong person and that is for your friend to resolve if need be.

Yes, if the police are not doing anything why as this D.C.A totally gone from the net and their phone lines just give the number unobtainable answer

Yes, if the police are not doing anything why as this D.C.A totally gone from the net and their phone lines just give the number unobtainable answer

Pass. There could be many reasons, why they have stopped operating. I doubt that your friends case, was the only one that appeared a bit dodgy and has been reported.

I think you will need to state which DCA is involved here, we can find answers for you, you can PM me the name if that helps.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi mr_massif I do know this company and their methods.

I will get back to you!

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thread tidied

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

TO BRIGARDIER2JCS can you PM me with anything useful I have contacted the police and I will be grateful for more info on them

Yes I have some things to catch up on and will get back.

Brigarder2jcs information on D.C.A

Information will be sent today.

Hi Brigardier I have sent you a MSG via ims21, Lets hope one day I can tell the full story for all CAG members

Good morning,

I have tried e-mailing the person concerned 1 address is permanently disabled.

Did you get my MSG if not I will send via someone you suggest in the site team

Yes they have been forwarded. You do have to be a little patient as some here have day jobs.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS