Unknown CC added to credit account on Equifax...please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3794 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got email saying changes had been detected on my Equifax account.

Apparently a new credit card has been added by a company name of BHAP0042...does anyone know who this is and how I can find out who it is?

I cant find anything on google...

thanks

Edited by turkwyfe4lyfe

I have exactly the same, just signed up after google found your post after searching google all morning.

Dont suppose you have a capital one account thats just changed its account number on the same day?

My Exact entry on equifax is

New InformationBHAP0042 Credit Card XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX7845

Looks too many digits to be a credit card??

Chris

Contact the cra and ask

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Well. it says BHAP0042 with an account number/credit card number I found linked with Aqua which I had back in 2011 for about 2 weeks then closed the account...but aqua is still showing so unless cap one and aqua are one company....I do have a cap one card but their details are still the same. Its only Equifax too, not others.

Im going to call capital one as BHAP isnt showing as any kind of registered company or anything I can find online either. Its a bit worrying but it definitely looks related to capital one to me, done on the same day as the capital one account number change and we both have capital one accounts! Still worries me however!!

Also strange how none of these changes are showing on noddle or experian.

Stop messing around and call the cra. They can give you the companies contact details

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

They claim its aqua credit cards????????????????????????

Companies house doesnt have this BHAP0042 as a valid company name and aqua quite simply dont know and will look into it.

CRA didnt really help at all

Edited by chris7494

Aqua is a legit company. Have you ever had an aqua card before? If not, write to aqua and demand to know what is going on. Don't call them ( although advice may vary), put it in writing and send it with free proof of posting or recorded delivery. You need to do this incase you want to take the entry further.

I personally do have an aqua card but its still listed on my credit report as aqua/marbles so i don't think its related to aqua. Aqua didnt initially know anything about it either but they have agreed to speak to head office on monday and try to find out if its related to them.

I spoke to someone at equifax who didnt seem to have the slightest idea what it was or where it had come from, also the account number on equifax doesnt match my aqua card either and she didnt really have any idea of why she said it was due to aqua either, it seemed to me that it was a guess as she suggested speaking to aqua to find out if it was them.

Really not sure what to think but its concerning when noone can help and it does seem to be a new account thats been created.

Ill get another copy of my credit file for this month from equifax and see if its listed on there with anything like a credit limit etc

File a dispute against it with the CRA for now. It will stay there for 30 days so you have some breathing space.

I registered specifically to reply to this thread but I might stay for a while.

I got the same email and the same entry on Equifax and the account number is unknown to me. Have a look at previous alerts and see if there is one in which the Aqua credit agreement has been deleted. The alert on my Equifax dated 27/07/2013 is:

Deleted Credit Agreement Summary

Company Name Account Type Account Number

Previous Information AQUA/MARBLES BRAND OF PCL Credit Card XXXXXXXXXXXXcensored

My Aqua credit card still works because I used it yesterday.

On 27 June Aqua sent me a letter informing me of a credit limit increase within 40 days and if I agreed I need to do nothing and it would be applied automatically.

Is my experience above relative to anyone else's experience?

I came here after the same "card" appeared on my file. I have an Aqua advance where they recently worte to say they are reducing the interest rate because of "good conduct" and "improved credit rating". as per previous poster my old Aqua card details have been removed.

Have aqua been sold? Or perhaps they are being rebranded by Halifax somehow?

Ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

Had pretty much the same, new BHAP0042 account and new Capital One account added. I do have credit cards with both of these (had them for years) but the account numbers do not match.

Generated a credit report and the new accounts show the payment history matching my existing accounts, so they must be the same.

However, it's very irritating getting these alerts that can cause you concern. Hope they get flooded with disputes and learn to communicate any changes better.

I've also had this show on my Equifax today.

I noticed that on 26/7/13 an alert showed as a deleted Credit Agreement Summary and the company name was Aqua/Marbles Brand of PCL and gave 4 digits - then today I got another alert and this time it showed as New Credit Agreement Summary with the company name BHAP0042 but showing the same 4 digits at the end. So these two are related; a little bit of research and memory searching I remember that a company we had a Credit Card with changed their name to Marbles - it was originally Beneficial that's the only one we can think of; we cancelled the CC around 6/7 years ago. I rung Aqua and was asked to ring again tomorrow to discuss because we do not have a CC card with Aqua or Marbles .

Also on the Equifax FAQ's I found this:

Why did I get an alert about my Capital One account?

Alert Information

Capital One have recently refreshed the information that they supply to Equifax. This change has resulted in a number of alerts being sent to our online customers.

Capital One have changed the way they supply account numbers to Equifax, they have replaced the 16 digit account number previously provided with a unique customer reference number. This change is to better protect the information being transferred to Equifax.

The alert will show your account has been deleted and then added with a new account number.

Hope that helps; I have emailed Capital One and await a reply

I can see exactly the same thing in my Equifax alerts.

My Aqua agreement was deleted on 26/07 (despite my account still being OK) and on 02/08 my Capital One agreement is showing as deleted with a new Capital One agreement being added along with an additional one for the company BHAP0042.

All very worrying, so I called Aqua a few minutes ago. They were aware of others reporting the same problem (perhaps others on this thread!) and are going to contact their head office about it, which they said would take a few days (!), but they think it is nothing to do with them (that they have not initiated the change).

I then called Capital One, and they were much more knowledgeable. They asked if the new Capital One account number ended with 9342, which I confirmed it did. They said it was nothing to worry about, because it is just the new account that they use to report to Equifax, and it was an admin error that it shows as a change in Equifax.

So that explains the removal of the old Capital One account and the creation of the new one. But it does not explain the Aqua/BHAP0042 agreements. But I am now thinking it is probably the same thing...Aqua have perhaps changed their account details with Equifax too, but their removal/addition have just not happened on the same day, just a few days delay between the removal/addition. Just a guess, but it reassures me a lot, so I hope it does for other people too.

For a while I was worried someone had stolen my identity and was applying for new accounts as me, but now I do not think that at all. Phew!

Mystery solved to a degree: I got a free credit report on Equifax and the last four digits in the BHAP alert matches to my existing Aqua credit card financial details but the last four digits are different to my card at first sight. I'd say that Aqua have appended three more digits onto the end of the card number and that bears out with my card. If I remove the last three digits on the new Aqua credit account then the last digit matches the last digit on my card.

I too received an email today from Equifax saying I should check out my alerts. So I logged in to find 3 new alerts., all registered under 2nd August. 1st the deletion of a credit account, Capital One. Then the creation of a new credit account, Capital One. Then the creation of a second credit account, BHAP0042. Obviously I was very concerned too and google'd "BHAP0042" and found this thread. I am no longer concerned about the Capital One bit but I will keep track of this thread for now in the hope to find out about the BHAP0042. I do have a credit account with both Aqua and Capital One. Aqua did send out an email to many of their customers a few days ago to say I and they had missed a payment and that I should contact them immediately to resolve. The Aqua person told me it was a system error and I needn't worry. He even knew why I was ringing since so many others had rang about the same email. I wonder if the 2 incidents are related. Assuming this mysterious company is Aqua!?!? Gotta love their communication skills!

I'd say this borders on the suspicious. With both Capital One and Aqua doing much the same thing either they are related or it's an Equifax problem. I don't have a Capital One account just an Aqua Advance and Vanquis. At least Vanquis hasn't entered the fray.

I'm also a Capital One card holder who has/had Aqua and Marbles cards. I was alerted by the change to my credit file by the Equifax Capital One Identity Alert e-mail, which showed a new credit agreement for a Capital One card number which I didn't recognise, plus two new credit agreements for BHAP0042.

I phoned Capital One who immediately were able to put my mind at rest about the Capital One agreement, explaining it was an additional security measure they were taking so as not to identify the card number. I'm guessing the BHAP0042 agreements are something similar for Aqua/Marbles. I note that a week before Aqua/Marbles credit agreements with legitimate numbers had been deleted from my file.

It was a great relief to find this thread and see that I was not the only person caught out by all of this. I'm reassured now that if we are all in the same boat that we can't all be victims of identity theft on the same day.

Panic over!

Edited by BristolSimon