Private Landlord Advice needed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I moved into my property in Jan 2013 on a Assured Shorthold Tenancy, The day i moved in the Landlord did a inspection. 2 weeks later he wanted to complete another inspection of the property and i agreed. I took the day off work and waiting in for him to visit. He called 20 minutes before he was due and he said he has to cancel. So another week passed with no contact, he then asked to do another inspection and i said that i could not take anymore days off work and requested an inspection to be done on my day off. He called me to inform me that he needs to send a gas safe engineer to visit and complete a gas Safe Certificate. At the time my brother was staying for the weekend and at the time i informed the landlord i was not going to be at the property and he said could he let himself in and the engineer if i werent home. I said no. He then tried letting him self in and my brother was anxious as they were 4 of them, and he heard the landlord say i need to do a inspection anyway. He didnt gain access to the property and from there ignored all communications from me. The Electric meter was not working correctly, which he has failed to address and fix to date. I got advice and it has been classed as harassment from the landlord.

A month later, i feel into rent arrears and he served me with a statutory demand notice and i was advised from a solictor that he cant threatened such notice without the intention of carrying it out.

He then issued a Possession Order (without firstly providing a Section 21 notice).

You may take whatever action you wish for us not "not going through" with the Statutory Demand. We think it is not in your interest to be made bankrupt yet. However, if you insist we will see what we can do, if you do not clear the rent arrears.

^^This is what the landlord has said about the notice.

I'm due to move out tomorrow and i need advice please. If anyone can help me with a template to send him that would be appreciated.

Below is what the last communication recieved by the landlord.

Dear Mr Moore,

Thank you for your email letting us know that you will be moving out on 5th August 2013;

You stated in your last email that upon vacating you will leave the key in the living room. As you know full well the property needs to be inspected and the inventory checked. Therefore, please give a mutually convenient time for the inspection of the property and checking off the inventory.

Your comments "...I must advise that further action will be taken in regards of threatening to use a statutory demand notice and not going through with it as you issued a possession order days after serving this notice...."

You may take whatever action you wish for us not "not going through" with the Statutory Demand. We think it is not in your interest to be made bankrupt yet. However, if you insist we will see what we can do, if you do not clear the rent arrears.

It is further noted that you say "I will be in contact via email to arrange a payment plan for the outstanding balance for the rent". We think that you should clear the rent arrears forthwith even by borrowing the money on your credit card, from a friend or your bank. You did not pay the rent but told us that you went on holiday with your partner. It is not for us to finance your holidays.

Regards,

Qasim