Capquest / Citifinancial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi -

Approx 2 weeks ago I received a letter from Capquest in relation to a debt which they have 'brought' from Citifinancial for around £5000.

I have sent Capquest the 'prove it' letter as I am sure this debt doesn't relate to me.

Capquest have today replied to me with a letter on their headed paper which says the following:

"Further to your recent correspondence, and to allow us to process your communication further, we would request that you provide us with the following information by 8th August 13, to assist us in resolving this matter.

Please supply full details of your dispute, along with any supporting evidence.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Please note this is not a demand, but a request. "

What should I follow this up with? Do I send them another letter? Or just ignore it?

Thanks in advance.

Ignore it. The onus is on them to prove you owe a debt. Not for you to give them info so they can fabricate one

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ignore it. The onus is on them to prove you owe a debt. Not for you to give them info so they can fabricate one

That's what I thought. I believe that the fact they have put at the bottom that it is a request and not a demand, means that they don't have a leg to stand on. Any further advice would be appreciated.

Do I just wait and see if they write to me again?

Hi -

Approx 2 weeks ago I received a letter from Capquest in relation to a debt which they have 'brought' from Citifinancial for around £5000.

I have sent Capquest the 'prove it' letter as I am sure this debt doesn't relate to me.

Capquest have today replied to me with a letter on their headed paper which says the following:

"Further to your recent correspondence, and to allow us to process your communication further, we would request that you provide us with the following information by 8th August 13, to assist us in resolving this matter.

Please supply full details of your dispute, along with any supporting evidence.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Please note this is not a demand, but a request. "

What should I follow this up with? Do I send them another letter? Or just ignore it?

Thanks in advance.

The Compliance Manager

Capquest

Date:................:

Ref: use theirs.

Sir / Madam.

I refer to Capquests letter dated xx.xx.xxxx, requesting me to provide details of mu 'dispute', no dispute as such exists therefore

no data can be provided.

As previously stated in my letter date xx.xx.xxxx, I DO NO acknowledge and debt to Capquest or any company it may claim to represent.

I have no knowledge of any outstanding debts and REQUIRE Capquest to provide UNQUIVOCAL PROOF that I am the alleged debtor you seek.

Capquest is reminded of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2006 up dated Nov.2011 and the sections regarding requiring debtors to prove they are not the debtor that owes an outstanding debt, nor should Capquest be contacting me if it is unsure that I am the debtor they seek.

No further correspondence will be entered into in regard to this matter unless Capquest provides unequivocal proof that I have any liability for the alleged debt.

Please be aware of Capquests aggressive approach which is becoming more obvious daily. I would most certainly not recommend ignoring anything you receive from them, there is a possibility that the could issue a county court claim so you need to note all correspondence carefully.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I would copy in Anne Mcshane, one of their "Managers". See my posts on other threads here relating to CapQuest. She accused me in writing of fraud, haha! I still have the letter. Shortly after I complained about CrapQuest to the FOS, Trading Standard, Blah Been their local MP, amongst many others, my account with them was cancelled. She broke every rule in the book. In fact her details were plastered all over the Internet and her direct dial number mysteriously removed after that.

The Compliance Manager

Capquest

Date:................:

Ref: use theirs.

Sir / Madam.

I refer to Capquests letter dated xx.xx.xxxx, requesting me to provide details of mu 'dispute', no dispute as such exists therefore

no data can be provided.

As previously stated in my letter date xx.xx.xxxx, I DO NO acknowledge and debt to Capquest or any company it may claim to represent.

I have no knowledge of any outstanding debts and REQUIRE Capquest to provide UNQUIVOCAL PROOF that I am the alleged debtor you seek.

Capquest is reminded of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2006 up dated Nov.2011 and the sections regarding requiring debtors to prove they are not the debtor that owes an outstanding debt, nor should Capquest be contacting me if it is unsure that I am the debtor they seek.

No further correspondence will be entered into in regard to this matter unless Capquest provides unequivocal proof that I have any liability for the alleged debt.

Please be aware of Capquests aggressive approach which is becoming more obvious daily. I would most certainly not recommend ignoring anything you receive from them, there is a possibility that the could issue a county court claim so you need to note all correspondence carefully.

Will send this off today. Thanks :)

That's what I thought. I believe that the fact they have put at the bottom that it is a request and not a demand, means that they don't have a leg to stand on. Any further advice would be appreciated.

Do I just wait and see if they write to me again?

They are playing the morality card to try and make themselves out to be the good guys.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D