style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, there is there anyone whom can give me any advice about being a guarantor and the person whom I had the loan for can no longer pay, I have been harassed for ages and they even ring up my old work place which I was made redundant from 17 months ago. This went to court and the judge closed the case as no one from amigo loans turned up. Now they have appealed and its back in court. These people rang me from 6 45am and also rang people whom lived in my street, they also rang people from other streets close by, its so embarrassing, Thank you

Edited by denikay
information missed

If thats true, then you need to make full complaints to the OFT/FCA/ICO and amigo loans. The downside is that they can chase you for the amount owed, but should not be acting like this at all, and shouldn't send it straight to court without trying to get you to pay first.

You say they appealed and its back in court. Who told you that? Do you have any claim forms that were sent from the court?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I am looking at how to complain to OFT and I've never heard of the others but I will look them up. They did try to get the money and I did write and complain about the harassment they were causing, I also stated they were breaching the human rights act and they did not care at all. I just really need these people to be gone, its been going on for about 16 months now. I received a letter Friday stating it is back in small claims court due to them appealing as they found it prejudiced as it was settled without them there to defend themselves.

Again, if the judge dismissed the case, and you have a letter to prove that, then they would need to apply for court action again. Possibly issuing a new claim.

Could you scan and post that letter up, minus any personal info? if it is legit and it does go back to court, then you will recieve notification from the court, and would be able to submit a defence and give your side, but most importantly, show the court your I&E and let the court TELL amigo how much they are going to get.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I have the letter stating the case was closed by the judge. The letter I have received about the new court case states proof that they faxed the court to say they were running late and the judge never got that fax. This apparently is the reason why its back in court. I would love to scan and send the letter however I do not have a scanner but can give you as much information as you need. Thanks for your help

So you have no actual proof that it is in court? Just a silly excuse?

If i were you, first thing tomorrow, phone the court up and get the info direct from them. We can advise from there.

Meanwhile, can you type up that letter ( if it isnt too long), but leave out your personal info? If you have a smartphone, you can take a pic, edit it and upload it.

This is sadly the chance you take when being a guarantor for somebody.

Can you not tell the person that took this loan out how much hassle you're getting?

They were the conditions when you offered to be guarantor that if they didn't pay then you would.

Out of Interest, how much are they claiming?

I think it's disgusting that you're taking all the grief for this and could possibly end up with a CCJ against you for someone else's debt.

If I'd have took out a loan and had somebody be guarantor I'd feel ashamed if I broke the agreement and left the guarantor to take all the grief.

I know it would probably be a bit of work, but try and type up word for word (minus any personal information including names and reference numbers) the letter and the court claim information to enable those with the knowledge how best to assist you.

Best wishes

BM

It never rains but it pours...

My son has a smart phone so I will get him take the photos and upload it tomorrow if that's ok, it has been sent to the court as the courts address is on the front of the envelope but I will definitely upload it for you as I need information on getting this company away from me for good. There are a few pages and it would take me to long to type it up. Thanks again for your help.

Hold up. You said the other party cannot pay. So theyre chasing you. What are they doing to the other party about all this? They cant simply lay it all down on your door. Something else is going on

The person I took out the loan for has had her fair share of harassment from Amigo loans, she too was made redundant and was accused of being irresponsible when she found out she was pregnant. Amigo loans were really terrible to her even though she said she would pay back a payment each month, this was not good enough for them. Thank you BM

Ahh ok!

I don't get the way it works. You try and so somebody a favour and end up in a load of mess like this.

The adverts on the TV and the inviting personal approach letters I've received through the door this week make them sound such a better company than they are lol.

Do you know if your friend tried offering them a reduced payment or attempted to negotiate a payment plan?

She tried to offer them a reduced payment. I no this is difficult lol and each time I see an advert whether on the tv or advertised in the daily mail I feel like asking why it is allowed. Its hard enough for me but there must be other people going through similar transitions. Then again I worked in a bookies for 10 years and advertising gambling is just as bad.

Edited by denikay
mispelling

What charges have they applied? If they are penalty charges, they are unenforceable and reclaimable. Interest is different, however if you have told them that you ar ein financial difficulty, they should stop interest and charge son the account. If they dont, it is seen as an unfair business practice and they can be considered an irresponsible lender.

I'd say also that there's a good defence if the person who took the loan out originally attempted to make arrangements to pay.

Did your friend make any reduced payments after they defaulted?

I think there is little you can do, entering into a guarantee is a major legal undertaking, and the creditor can pursue a guarantor with the same force as they would the debtor, also what the debtor did or did not do will not affect the liability of the guarantor.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: