Claiming on a closed account

Big_Lad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Notice of Issue received this morning from MCOL. Just waiting from the acknowledgement from Nationwide then i'll send them a copy of my charges.

John

RBS S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) delivered - 23rd Oct 06

RBS Acknowledgement Received - 1st Nov 06

RBS Statements Received - 4th Nov 06

Prelim Letter Delivered - 22nd Jan 07

Full Refund offered on 31 Jan 07

Nationwide S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) delivered - 23rd Oct 06

Nationwide Acknowledgement Received - 26th Oct 06

Nationwide Statements Received - 3rd Nov 06

Prelim Letter delivered - 14th Nov 06

LBA Sent - a while back

Court Claim submitted and acknowledged - 27 Jan 07

Full refund offered 07 Feb 07

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for it Big Lad start counting days now 14 without acknowledgement or 28 with. Just one question you stated that you will be sending copy of charges, will that include the 8% interest and will it be up to date? and will you send anything else along with it?. Will you be sending anything to the courts?. (thats more than one question LOL). I am not quite sure on this and I don't want to mess up when I get to this stage.

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Have I been of any help to you? if so please click my scales to the left to enhance my reputation. Thank you. If not PM me.

Nationwide - won claim 

Advice & opinions of mahharg are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Go for it Big Lad start counting days now 14 without acknowledgement or 28 with. Just one question you stated that you will be sending copy of charges, will that include the 8% interest and will it be up to date? and will you send anything else along with it?. Will you be sending anything to the courts?. (thats more than one question LOL). I am not quite sure on this and I don't want to mess up when I get to this stage.

From reading other threads created by people, I have sent a letter to the court with a copy of my charges and asked for it to be included with my case. I sent this when i got my Notice of Issue. When i receive my Notice of Acknowledgement from them i will then send a letter to Nationwide with a copy of my charges and again ask for it to be included with my case.

Just a waiting game now

EDIT:

Oh and i did include the extra 8% interest, BUT only when i got to the court stage.

John

LBA Sent - a while back

From reading other threads created by people, I have sent a letter to the court with a copy of my charges and asked for it to be included with my case. I sent this when i got my Notice of Issue.

Got you thanks. Just the above quote I would have thought as long as the bank has got a copy of your charges then fine. If the bank actually submitted a defense the case would be transfered to your local County Court (hopefully) then you would send a copy of updated charges to your local court as well as the updated charges to your bank. Just my understanding. It just seems that before it gets to the stage submitting a court bundle the copy of charges seem to be sent out loads of times when in all honesty the bank are aware of the charges why:idea:. Altough I suppose you can't send it too many times can you. Good luck

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Have I been of any help to you? if so please click my scales to the left to enhance my reputation. Thank you. If not PM me.

Nationwide - won claim 

Advice & opinions of mahharg are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Notice of Acknowledgement receivd today, Charles Bacon is dealing with my request and obviously has stated that they intend to defend.

I'm going to send a copy of my charges to him to be included on my claim. What is the next process?

John

LBA Sent - a while back

As I am aware they have 28 days from date the calim is deemed issued to actually submit their defence (i assume they have only stated that they intend to defend. ) If they do then your case will be transfered to a court near you. You will then be sent AQ from the court to fill in. So I assume you just wait untill the 28 days are up if they haven't submitted their defence after then get straight onto MCOL to claim victory by default. If you leave it late they have them extra days to submit their defence.

good site here:

The defendant disputes all or part of my claim

From what I have read on other Nationwide threads I think you should have your money within a week because they don't submit defence.

Let me know what happens BigLad -

When I give advice it is a way of confirming that I understand the correct proceedure because I hope that someone will confirm/correct my understanding.

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Nationwide - won claim 

Hi, just to add to mahharg's excellent help here. FWIW, I always send them a reminder in the final week that the deadline for submitting defence is looming. This takes away the option to apply for a set-aside of the default judgment on the grounds of forgetfulness, which they can and often do !! It also gives you brownie points if it does get to court !!

As a default judgment is not actually the court's judgment, it is very fragile, and can be set aside easily. :)

Cheers for the advice. they have said that they "intend to defend"

I'm going to count down the days now then.

John

LBA Sent - a while back

They all say that. Liars to a man.

LOL :lol:. I am just wondering if Nationwide has actually submitted a defence because I can't recall them getting past the "intend to defend" stage on any of the threads I have read. Perhaps I am wrong if so would like to know so I can read thread and get to know their methods of defence.

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Nationwide - won claim 

LOL :lol:. I am just wondering if Nationwide has actually submitted a defence because I can't recall them getting past the "intend to defend" stage on any of the threads I have read. Perhaps I am wrong if so would like to know so I can read thread and get to know their methods of defence.

Doubt it- but have a look in the Nationwide section.

I am just wondering if Nationwide has actually submitted a defence because I can't recall them getting past the "intend to defend" stage on any of the threads I have read.

Here is a nationwide thread that has just filed for a defence 27/1/07 for 24% of money owed (76% refunded at usual stage)...strange. Anyway thought it may be of interest to you BL cause you are very near to this stage.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/54396-kenspe-nationwide.html

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Nationwide - won claim 

Here is a nationwide thread that has just filed for a defence 27/1/07 for 24% of money owed (76% refunded at usual stage)...strange. Anyway thought it may be of interest to you BL cause you are very near to this stage.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/54396-kenspe-nationwide.html

Cheers mate, i'll have a read with interest.

John

LBA Sent - a while back

• 2 weeks later...

Well i'm pretty chuffed, got a cheque through this morning for £495. (£81 for charges, £64 for interest and £50 for my court charges).

Just need to cancel my court claim now. Anyone now how i do this?

John

LBA Sent - a while back

Congratulations- and at least they can't close your account!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Big_Lad!

If U are totally satisfied that Nationwide have Settled in FULL, just let the Court know as per the method describe in the following link:

Her Majesty's Courts Service

CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks very much, i did get a letter from them saying that they would be "closing my account." I found that quite amusing seeing as my account has been closed with them for nearly two years now! ha ha.

Still i'm very happy with the result and wish everyone else the same success. Keep fighting

John

LBA Sent - a while back

:D :D CONGRATULATIONS BIG_LAD:D :D

I was only four days more than I thought. When they sent you a cheque was it normal postal delivery or recorded because I am never in when postie arrives.

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Nationwide - won claim