e-mail from Past Due Credit Solutions regarding a 3Mobile account for £116.00

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon all,

I've had the following e-mail from Past Due Credit Solutions regarding a Three Mobile account for £116.00

I am a Three Customer and hold 2 accounts with them, both of which are well up to date. I have checked my CRA's and there is a default registered and it actually shows 3 accounts. Tad confused where this third one came from?!!

I had been ignoring their e-mails to be honest and I have made no telephone contact. However here is the rather worrying e-mail:

19/07/2013

Case Number:

Account Number:

Dear MR NUCLEAR SHARK,

FINAL DEMAND

Client: Three

Amount Outstanding: £116

It has come to our attention that your account is now SERIOUSLY OVERDUE and this email is a final demand for payment. We have, as of yet, received no payment towards this account or contact explaining the failure to make payments. If there is a reason why these payments have been withheld we would be obliged if you could contact us in order to either explain the reason or come to some form of payment arrangement.

If we do not hear from you by 26/07/2013 we will have no alternative than to commence with further debt collection procedures. This action can be avoided by either settling the outstanding amount immediately or contacting us with a suitable payment arrangement.

Please take action now

To avoid any possibility of further debt collection procedures, we strongly urge you to repay the amount outstanding as soon as possible. You can pay today by:

Debit or credit card. Call us on 0141 951 6443 or pay online at http://www.pastduecredit.co.uk

Cheque or postal order. Write your case number on the back and send it to the address at the bottom of this email

Direct payment at your bank or using internet or telephone banking. Our account details are: Bank of Scotland, Sort Code 80-06-14, and Account number 06004831. Remember to quote your case number for reference.

Having trouble making payment?

Call us today on 0141 951 6443. We can explain all of the options available to you. We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 7pm on Fridays and 9am to 1pm on Saturdays.

Yours Sincerely,

For and on behalf of

Pastdue Credit Solutions Limited

Pastdue Credit Solutions Limited Registered Office

1 Blair Court

North Avenue

Clydebank Business Park

Glasgow

G81 2LA

Limited Company Registered in Scotland No 287794

There is also this little statement at the top of the e-mail...

This email (including any attachments to it) contains information which is confidential. It is intended only for the use of the named recipient. If you have received this email in error as it does not relate to you, please let us know by emailing info(at)pastduecredit.co.uk ensuring the case number is included in your email and immediately delete this from your system. Please note, that in these circumstances, the use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. We apologise for any inconvenience that may have been cause to you. Pastdue Credit Solutions Limited cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.

What the :censored: do they think they're playing at then? The contents of the email is clearly confidential as it contains account numbers and financial balances. Lets assume I never received this e-mail because I had an Out of Office and it went to a colleague. That is fairly likely to happen in my case, as I attend regular hospital appointments and use out of office to redirect my e-mails to a friend to deal with.

What would you do here then? Or am I making a mountain out of a mole hill :lol:

Cheers Caggers and have a good weekend :-)

Edited by nuclearshark
Removed Hyperlink to their e-mail address

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger:

Did you provide 3 Mobile with this email address ?

If YES , then they would have provided the DCA with this information. Not a lot you can do about it, really although the email is a touch intimidating for a first contact.

If No, then Past Credit Due are out of order and you might be able to make a Complaint to the Information Commissioner.

What you need to do is to find out, where this 3rd account is from, especially as you have 2 accounts that are being serviced properly.

I would imagine one of two things has happened here.

Either 3 Mobile have screwed up or Past Credit Due have the wrong person.

Speak to 3 Mobile and if it is an error from them, then you can probably demand an apology, compensation and that Default removed.

If PCD have the wrong person, then you can go to town on them :) And then make a complaint to the Information Commissioner as well :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

CitizenB is correct.

This is standard Past Due, threatogarm designed to make you believe that have some kind of ''higher'' authority, the 'further debt collection procedures = writing another similar letter in a couple of weeks probably with a BIG RED BANNER as a header, followed closely by toys being thrown out of prams.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Haha, I like your definition of "Further Action" Brig :lol:

I once said on the phone to a debt collection agency (Incasso) that for all I knew "Further Action" was going down the pub after work for curry night. So wish I still had the recording!

I rather suspected Past Due were pretty much powerless, Lots of If's and May's in that e-mail.

I don't recall giving my e-mail address to Three Mobile. I normally use other address for my accounts. The address here is for personal communications between family sharks etc. I've been a three customer for nearly 10 years and a lot has happened in that time, so they very well may have it.

I'll draft them a letter and asked where this other account has come from. Send the "Prove It" letter to PDCS? I don't mind a bit of letter tennis :madgrin:

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger:

If you have not provided the email address to 3, then you should demand PCD tell you who has provided it. Then you can go after them as well :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D