PPI Claim Upheld - What About Defaults?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had a PPI claim upheld on my Barclaycard which I'm pleased with. However, over the years I've had several default charges added for being over my credit limit. Does anyone know if anyone's been able to reclaim these default charges on the basis that the accumulated PPI is what has taken them over their limit? And following on from that getting the defaults removed from their credit report?

Hi

The default charges for things like late payment and going over your limit etc are an unlawful penalty regardless of the PPI situation.

Having said that, if you can show that they were solely due to the PPI then that is an additional argument you can use in your reclaim.

Then if you can show that the default was solely due to charges without which the account would not have defaulted then you may have a chance of getting the default removed.

There are many successful cases on here where these charges have been reclaimed. It may involve court action but at the moment Barclaycard tend to repay prior to an actual court hearing. You muts not rely on them doing so though and must work on the basis that you may well have to put your case to a Judge.

Do you have all of your statements which show these charges?