Claiming back holding fee! Problems!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Note, that I have an active thread at the moment on a similar issue (though the agent I am dealing with is orders of magnitude more dodgy IMO) where I expect to be helping someone retrieve withheld funds. I expect to be updating it in the near future.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?408378-Agent-wants-significant-rent-without-contract

• 1 month later...
Note, that I have an active thread at the moment on a similar issue (though the agent I am dealing with is orders of magnitude more dodgy IMO) where I expect to be helping someone retrieve withheld funds. I expect to be updating it in the near future.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?408378-Agent-wants-significant-rent-without-contract

Well, looks like I either put up or shut up now! :madgrin:

I sent a strongly worded letter based around what you put above Steve, and they replied basically telling me to Eff Off, they have spoken to their solicitors and that if I take them to small claims, they will put in a counter claim to recover any fees.

:mad2:

It's a pretty standard tactic of solicitors to issue threats.

The "counterclaim" for their fees would be limited in a small claims, and they would not be guaranteed to get it.

You mentioned their complaints procedure, but it doesn't sound like you've gone through it. Ultimately it would go to an ombudsman, and in the meantime you have the satisfaction of causing them hassle. Plus it is free.