PCN and court threats got me worried

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I received a ticket for parking in the wrong zone at a hospital as I couldnt see the small sign post and it was my first week there. I received a ticket and looked online and everyone said to ignore it.

3 months down the line and I am very anxious and stressed about letters I am receiving from debt recovery plus.

The letter states they are offering me a reduced price to avoid court proceedings and they want to commence court proceedings. The letter states they are offering pre action protocol and have given me a week to pay £120.

it says if i do not pay they amount will go back to £149 and also £30 court fee, solicitor cost of £50 and interest at 8%.

I dont know what to do as there is so much information online about this, also another factor is the car is not registered to me but a family member as we share it.

Any help is appreciated

AnxiousP

Welcome to CAG :)

Are you able to let us know who you are getting these letters from please.

Others who are more knowledgeable with regards to this subject will be along shortly, if not tonight then in the morning.

The threats are from debt recovery plus Ltd and the original company was county parking enforcement agency ltd.

I was parked in the wrong area, I had however paid! I am staff, however was in the wrong staff area as I was new :(

read the letter carefully

they do not say WILL anywhere.

DCA's are NOT BAILIFFS

they have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The letter states I have until Monday to pay up... Is there no way I can appeal this or have I left it too long?

Should I inform them it was not my family member but myself as they are getting really stressed with me over this?

any help appreciated

nothing to worry about

its not a parking fine

its a speculative invoice

no 'debt' exists as its not a 'debt'

read the letter CAREFULLY

nowhere does it say WILL..

iif.but.might.instructed

can I suggest you read a few threads in this private parking forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It appears that the notice to keeper has come later than 14 days contrary to the POFA so you never had a chance to appeal to popla thats enough to have it struck out... Next ask for a photograph of the vehicle in question with a close up photograph of the dash board that proves there was nothing on display or alleged contravention....Then ask for a copy of the contract with the trust and DRP which allows them to bring court proceedings in the Trust,s name.....This company are trying to charge you for their running costs which will never happen !!!!

It appears that the notice to keeper has come later than 14 days contrary to the POFA so you never had a chance to appeal to popla thats enough to have it struck out... Next ask for a photograph of the vehicle in question with a close up photograph of the dash board that proves there was nothing on display or alleged contravention....Then ask for a copy of the contract with the trust and DRP which allows them to bring court proceedings in the Trust,s name.....This company are trying to charge you for their running costs which will never happen !!!!

Can I do all these things even though they have given me til tomorrow? I am on holiday this week and its hard to do anything. Its kinda killig my holiday mood right now :(.

A few letters came through before and I just binned them but I dont wamt to go to court its worrying me. I have heard that this organisation jas taken to court before

Tha ks