Electronic cig........exploded!!!!!. ....beware!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son bought the e-cig with usb charger ect on Fiday 19th July. Around 6.30pm my son started to charge the device then nipped out to the shops while his girlfriend got in the bath. A few minutes later there was a loud bang then the upstairs smoke alarm started to go off. The exploding device had set two bags on fire in the bedroom, my sons partner tried to throw the burning bags into the bath water but couldnt as they were too hot however, she managed to drop them near the bathroom and doused them with bath water. The bedroom carpet is burnt as well as the stairs. I have contacted the trader advising of potential faulty devices and this morning was on the phone to consumer direct who are treating it seriously.

Keep you updated.

PW

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

I bet the e-cig has a little lithium polymer battery in it……..nasty things they are.

I’ve had two high capacity batteries from a rc plane blow up on me, admittedly they were bought from china and didn’t have protection built into them and went off like a fire bomb. If you over charge them they blow, if you over discharge them they blow lol.