Link & response to MBNA CCA letter ** LINK HAVE CLOSED THEIR FILE **

Hannay100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

bottom line no cca = no pay.

what was the org debt please & with whom

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yep. pre 2007, they would need the original CCA, or a VERY good reason to produce a reconstituted one in court. The fact they have had this debt since 2004 and have yet to produce paperwork should ease your mind.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

bottom line no cca = no pay.

what was the org debt please & with whom

dx

Thanks for keeping in touch with all of these dx, appreciated

The original debt was a credit card balance of c£4,100 at the time with a High Street Bank from whom Link bought it.

Yep. pre 2007, they would need the original CCA, or a VERY good reason to produce a reconstituted one in court. The fact they have had this debt since 2004 and have yet to produce paperwork should ease your mind.

I just wanted to say you guys do a great deal of good that you might not realise, just dropping back on to a thread occasionally between the bigger points. The chit-chat can often provide as much value as the direct advice, and often on a more personal level.

Your above remark did indeed ease my mind, thank you, because ALL of the 4 similar debts I am addressing initially via CCA letters go back before 2007 ... all between '01 and '04. I assume your remark applies equally to all.

A quick clarification please:

You commented particularly strongly a couple of days ago that I should SAR Link as well as CCA them. This was in order to stay on top of things given the bad behaviour that you and others have pointed out loudly is routine for them. 12+2 equals this coming Tuesday, when I presume their silence needs to be marked formally with a Failure To Comply letter despite their interim response advising that it could take 30 days to get papers from the original creditor. I am unclear where a SAR fits in to the timeline ...

... wait and see if 12+2 generates anything? Or see if they come up with anything from the original source after all? or SAR asap anyway to get ahead of the game?

Or something else??

As small(ish!) an amount as £10 is, and as happy as I am to spend it when sensible, it does have to come out of a fairly shallow pocket.

yes the cut off date was agreements signed prior to 6/04/2007, what was the name of the original creditor? you say from mid 1990s- the name usually gives a good indication as to whether they would have the original or not. Some banks record keeping is somewhat better than others:wink:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

yes name them please

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I hadn't even considered there was any significance .... you mean, some are bad and the others are worse?

MBNA

Yes, and they are the top of the list along with Link !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

its rare for link to have an MBNA debt.

i'd prob guess this did the rounds before they spoofed you into coughing up

how did you fall into links trap and start paying.

or was it just blind acceptance by the DMC that you owed it.

and it was added to the plan?

dx

and they

its rare for link to have an MBNA debt.

i'd prob guess this did the rounds before they spoofed you into coughing up

how did you fall into links trap and start paying.

or was it just blind acceptance by the DMC that you owed it.

and it was added to the plan?

dx

Just seen your response ... we were out for much of last evening making sure things were alright with three 90-plus year olds that we keep an eye on with visits etc. ... and just now this weather is beginning to be a little much when living alone at so senior an age.

So then ....

Thanks , though you've lost me a little just now ... no idea at all what a DMC is, nor just what *plan* you might be referring to.

Checking, it was an Abbey National card from the 90s sometime. I understand that MBNA managed Abbey’s accounts from 2001 by request, and bought Abbey anyway in 2008.

No it hasn't done the rounds, quite the opposite and in fact it all couldn't be any simpler anyway:

1 Registered unemployed in 2002 (business slump)

2 Claimed on the PPI which covered repayments for a year

3 Couldn't cover the payments when the insurance stopped, account defaulted, was making reduced payments to MBNA

4 Was notified 2004 that Link had bought the debt and I would be dealing with them from that point, moved reduced payments to them.

Fall in to a trap? Yes, if it was the one of doing what I believed was required.

For information, all the 4 debts that you have had me address initially via CCA letters came about in the same way ... a default, insurance supported for 12 months, reduced payments subsequently, debt passed to DCA after a while, reduced payment switched to them. Nothing complicated.

I have just started threads on the other two of these as I have had their responses to my CCA letters this morning. Both are time-wasting and one in particular is more than a little annoying/laughable … take a look and you'll see what I mean.

Link & MBNA came seriously unstuck with the way they treated one of their customers. I would hope that after the drubbing they got from the Judge in this case they are being a bit more reasonable in their approach to people who find themselves launched into financial misery.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1362603/Judge-writes-customers-20-000-credit-card-debt-hearing-hounded-repay-money.html

Harrison v Link Financial Ltd ALL ER (2011).pdf

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Interesting reading ...

We'll see, as right now my own progress with Link stands at having sent a CCA letter which reaches 12+2 this coming Tuesday, and their response saying they had to get the papers from MBNA which might take 30 days.

Also I have been advised to SAR them in view of their proclivities toward shady behaviour. In response I requested clarification as I am unclear whether that advice meant to do so after 12+2 if nothing arrives, or after their 30 days, or right now to get ahead of the game, and I am waiting for a response though 12+2 is right around the corner anyway now.

I must admit I don't understand why it would take 30 days to obtain the information from their client? Presumably they would either email/fax/telephone the request to MBNA. MBNA as responsible data controllers would be able to find the information reasonably swiftly and either email/fax the document to Link.

As MBNA do have problems with their documents, then I imagine that is where the hiccup is going to be.

BCOBS

sri fr the confusion you were on a debt management plan.

getting all the statements from MBNA will be interesting

also I hope link were sending a statement more than once a year?

dx

and they

They say 30 days because they have inept internal procedures and probably never even ask the OC for the paperwork until you send the dispute letters. THey think that regulation/law doesnt apply to them at all, and indeed, this type of scheme has made the owner a multi-millionaire.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

sri fr the confusion you were on a debt management plan.

getting all the statements from MBNA will be interesting

also I hope link were sending a statement more than once a year?

dx

No problem ... it gets to be Acronym-Hell in here for me at times, that's all :)

Link have provided statements 6-monthly, though I now can only find a few of them.

"Getting all the statements from MBNA will be interesting" - Are you saying I need to SAR MBNA? Or are you just making a joke about their filing system? :)

I think dx is referring to MBNA's policy of shredding everything that is older than 6 years :(

BCOBS

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE/RESULT

Following further correspondence I have received a brief letter this morning from Link Financial stating that they have “… made a commercial decision to cease all further recovery action on the account.”

Just to recap here for reference, the amount involved was just under £3,600 and originated with MBNA from whom it was bought by Link in 2004.

I assume that’s-that, though as this is still all new to me should I now do something further just to nail the door shut? Send a formal acknowledgement just to have something two-way on record? Require any additional steps from them in associated regards? I have checked my CR on Experian and this debt had fallen off through age a while ago so there’s nothing there to be addressed.

There are three other debts/matters still in-progress however, and I will be updating those threads too as they go anywhere ... hopefully this first good result might be joined by others.

My sincere thanks for everyone’s help in getting this first one taken care of. It was all very daunting when initially trying to get to grips with everything and understand/appreciate at least the fundamentals. And it still is :), however I have been helped by some tremendous people to make sense of things … so far at least!

now you hit them

they fleeced you for years

they've now admitted as a much

you want all you money back!

don't let them off that easily

dx

and they

This is absolutely wonderful news - I will amend your thread title for you :)

BCOBS