Just had 4 letters come to my address HELP !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again guys,

Just wanted advice on these 2 bank debts please.

Nationwide and Natwest

Nationwide was a overdraft for £1,300

Natwest was a overdraft for £1,700

I received today 2 letters for each debt.

1 from Red, one from Lowells.

I have checked my credit files and these were on there last year but have now dropped off my report. - Last payments to both were before 2006

What should I do with the letters?

Thanks in advance

What should I do with the letters?

Hi

Save the letters and either ignore Red & Lowell (the same company) or send the Statute Barred letter from the library

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

So they can send letters to me if they like and spend lots of money doing so, but can't actually make me pay.

So I can just ignore them they wont be able to take me to court/issue bailiffs for the debt?

With it being bank charges / credit card is it still the same 6 years and basically tough **** to the debt company who bought the debt for nothing :)

thanks for replying

Any debt where no payment nor acknowledgement of the debt in a period of 6 years is statute barred. They may try to take court action but if it is the case that no payment etc. then they should fail.

They may try to get a CCJ on an old address so it would be worth updating their records for them in the SB letter

Whilst they cannot force you to pay, they can ask you to. Just as I can! In both cases, you would tell me to go forth and multiply

Debt collection is speculation at it's lowest. They have paid peanuts for this debt in the hope you are not clued up enough to challenge them.

Don't be to surprised if the Leeds Losers suggests a payment has been made in the last 6 years. Once challenged, they soon crawl back under the rock.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

so would you send them a SB letter then with my new address (the one they now have, as i am on the electroll register for the first time in 6 years)

Tell them that it is SB and then wait for them to say a payment has been made (which I know it hasnt, as I have been avoiding these since at least 2004/05)

Thanks and could you possibly link to the letter for me as im new to this stuff L)

Adapt this one to suit.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

Don't worry about them. They can do bu**er all

As I said, they are both the same company. In fact they are probably desks next to each other.

I would be heading my letter:

Dear Lowell, Red, Tom, Dick, Harry and uncle tom cobley (just to wind them up)

One letter to Lowell should do it

Oh yes, send the letter Recorded Delivery as you will be surprised just how many letters to DCA's 'vanish' ??