Issues with Ex's low 'false' earnings claim & CSA

MISSM1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Not sure where to post this or who to ask but I need help with a problem I have with CSA!!

My ex husband is falsifying his wages to say he gets less than what he does I have told CSA this and they said I have to prove he is lying:-x How am I supposed to do this???

I am not going for money just the same amount he used to give me when we were married, the same amount he's been quite happy to pay for the last 3 years!!

How do you know that he has been doing this ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

CSA have told me they have calculated he owes me £50 a week on the earnings he has provided, but for someone who earns upto 60K a year they suggested he has done this but I need to prove it

though CSA was there to help children, I asked how I'm supposed to prove it & they said that's your problem:jaw:Wonder if a solicitor can help?

They get pay slips for a basic amount of wage then the rest gets paid by dividend which is always much higher, its a way of paying less tax I've been told

Hi all

Not sure where to post this or who to ask but I need help with a problem I have with CSA!!

My ex husband is falsifying his wages to say he gets less than what he does I have told CSA this and they said I have to prove he is lying:-x How am I supposed to do this???

I am not going for money just the same amount he used to give me when we were married, the same amount he's been quite happy to pay for the last 3 years!!

If you are happy with what he has been paying you and not looking for an increase, is there any reason why you are stressing yourself out over this?

He has dropped money by £30 a week through lying

Okay it now makes sense. "I am not going for money just the same amount he used to give me when we were married, the same amount he's been quite happy to pay for the last 3 years!!" That read as if he has been paying the correct amount and not less than he should. Apologies I misread it.

• 1 month later...

Firstly, being paid by dividends is nothing new, this is a way to help minimise tax payments but not avoid them completely. this is a trick often used by contractors, directors and high wage earner. The full amount of dividends paid still needs to be declared to HMRC. A common trick by absent parents who are paid this way is to delay being paid their dividends for a few months so they do not appear on pay slips etc however, they still appear on a P60 (I believe BICBW). If you were married previously, did you have a joint bank account? If so, you could provide bank statements with his previous pay deposits in support of your claim. You could also ask them to request his latest P60 so they can confirm or deny his salary claims. They may also be able to request disclosure of his financial details from HMRC direct but I suspect they will require a court order to obtain this. If he was previously paying you maintenance at a higher rate, you could ask them to explain how his circumstances have changed to warrant such a drop in maintenance as to your knowledge, his employment and salary have remained constant but they are unlikely to discuss this with you as that is considered personal/private. You could counter this by explaining that you do now wish to know his financial details, merely for them to confirm that they have seen a sufficient drop in his annual salary to justify their reduction in maintenance. If they cannot confirm this, ask them to request confirmation of his drop in salary from his employer.

Im sure I read somewhere that if you can prove that your ex is somehow living a higher standard of life than might be expected by his declaration of income (for example if he has snazzy cars, lots of holidays, new properties etc) then that is evidence that his declaration might be false. Has he had another child? because that may affect his payments. Does he have debts that are being managed via an debt management order? You need to persuade the CSA to look into this and keep on at them.

• 1 month later...

None of this seems right !!

Ask the CSA to review his payments(should be done every 2 years)..... they should ask for a P60

This will cover any bonus's the PWOC may have earned.(they do this regularly, as part of their remit)

It is not up to you, to prove what he earns..... it is upto the CSA to do this for you.

If he fails to supply, the info requested, they can request/order from employer

easy !!!

None of this seems right !!

Ask the CSA to review his payments(should be done every 2 years)..... they should ask for a P60

This will cover any bonus's the PWOC may have earned.(they do this regularly, as part of their remit)

It is not up to you, to prove what he earns..... it is upto the CSA to do this for you.

If he fails to supply, the info requested, they can request/order from employer

easy !!!

Dividends arent shown on a P60