Windows in my house don't open

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I moved into this 3 bed house in March, and immediately told the landlords that the windows in the house don't open. The only windows that open in the whole house are the one in my bedroom and in the bathroom. My children and grandchildren and in the other 2 bedrooms, and they bake in there, especially now that we're getting into the Summer. The kitchen windows don't open, so cooking is always difficult.

I've told the estate agent many times, and she's even sent someone to have a look, but hasn't done anything about it.

I'm really annoyed, and just want to know how I could make them sort out the windows. I pay £800 per month in the house, for goodness sake.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have moved your thread to the correct forum where you will receive more attention :)

You don't need to do anything, it is purely administrative.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would think there is a Health and Safety issue here as well.

have a word with Shelter and see if they can make any suggestions in order to encourage the LL / Agent to take your complaint/concerns seriously .

Contact details below.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/how_we_can_help/housing_advice_helpline

or telephone.

0808 800 4444

8am-8pm Monday-Friday

8am-5pm Saturday-Sunday

Calls are free from UK landlines and main

mobile networks (Vodafone, O2, EE and

Virgin Mobile).

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you. As it's late now, I will call them on Monday morning.

Also, could the landlord issue me with section 21? I'm not owing rent, and I'm 5 months into my 12 months Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement. The house is in pristine condition, and I haven't breached any of my tenancy agreement.

I travel up and down the country a lot in my job, and I really don't have the time to be moving houses again so soon after I moved into this 5 months ago. If there's no pressure to move out, I can arrange some time off at work to look for another accommodation that is more appropriate.

Thanks for your advice

LL can issue a valid s21 at any time during T, but he cannot action it until after end of fixed or any earlier break clause provision.

Neither can you provide requisite NTQ until any break point

You can vacate on last day of fixed term, without Notice, or negotiate early surrender with LL.

I would also advise speaking to your local fire station and asking if they could come out to do a fire inspection of the property and mention the window issue

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group