Car accident liabilty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an accident last year about may, were a car hit my van.

I filled out the forms and sent them off and have now got a letter back saying they have put the liabilty down to me.

I do not agree with this , what are my options.

Also on a seperate matter had a accident management company contacting me saying to cliam for whiplash , when i questioned them about how they got my details they tried to make out the where part of the insurance company!

I spoke to the insurance company who denied anything to do with them , and said they would not pass my details on to anyone, which they had by this company ringing me up on my mobile with the car details

What are my best options

I can't help you with your questions, but it's possible that the claim company did not get your details from your insurers.

Last year, I received a phone call enquiring about my accident, and I was addressed by name, and the company rep, a lady, knew my address.

After a bit of verbal exchange, I admitted that I had, indeed, been in an accident - in 1967!

I think that they had obtained my name from the phonebook, or from a mailing list, and were "chancing their arm", trying to find someone to conspire with them.

I bid the "lady" good bye, but with two different words!

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Accident details

I was going along the fair mile near font well on an A road , a car behind me was following me when the road has a short stretch of overtaking lane . There was a car in front of me so when it split into two lanes I indicated and went to overtake the car in front in the mean time the car behind tried to over take at the same time he was driving a BMW sports car and had floored it and just hit the side of my van behind the drivers door area.

I must admit I had seen him earlier near Chichester on the bypass driving like a mad man , obviously in a rush to go somewhere

Insurance company says I was my fault as I must have pulled out in front of him for the described damage , they had mentioned the other party had solicitors involved trying to re cliam the damage , so makes me wonder if they just caved in.

If the damage to your vehicle was on the right hand side of your vehicle, then like it or not, it would appear that the BMW had already executed enough of the overtaking to be passing you prior to you moving out. I don't think you will have any success with the insurance company reversing their decision.

Accident details

I was going along the fair mile near font well on an A road , a car behind me was following me when the road has a short stretch of overtaking lane . There was a car in front of me so when it split into two lanes I indicated and went to overtake the car in front in the mean time the car behind tried to over take at the same time he was driving a BMW sports car and had floored it and just hit the side of my van behind the drivers door area.

I must admit I had seen him earlier near Chichester on the bypass driving like a mad man , obviously in a rush to go somewhere

Insurance company says I was my fault as I must have pulled out in front of him for the described damage , they had mentioned the other party had solicitors involved trying to re cliam the damage , so makes me wonder if they just caved in.

Did you not check behind you that it was safe to pull out before doing so?

I have to agree with Crem on this one.

Given the area of damage on your van unimatrix, this would indicate that the other driver was already established in performing the overtaking manoeuvre when you have unfortunately decided to do the same.

I'm afraid on this one, it should be a lesson learnt into just check the final time in the mirrors and blind spot more so if you notice a vehicle driving erratically previously.

C.G.

"By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail".

"Loose lips, sink ships".