Wage Arrestment not received

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

I had a wage arrestment served a couple of months ago however my employer never received a copy so obviosuly didn't pay anything.

Now my employer is getting harrassing letters and emails about it, threatening to sue for the total amount.

I've spoken to the company who said they sent it recorded delivery and it was signed for by someone I don't know (It's a large shared building), so we never received it.

They're asking my employer to pay the backdated, overdue amount ... but I don't see how they can be held liable since we never received it in the first place.

Anyone offer any advice on this?

Thanks

01/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - S.A.R sent

24/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Statements Received

31/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - 1st Request sent

13/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - LBA sent

23/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Offer received £1544 (Thanks but no thanks)

02/10/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - *WON* Full settlement

I think the reply from your employer is simple - just a statement that he did not receive the arrestment and had no knowledge of it. If the debtor claims to be entitled to backpayments, they should explain why they think they are entitled to a backpayment with reference to the specific rules they are relying on. Without a proper explanation of the legal basis for the request, no backpayment will be made.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sleepz..... Your creditor must send you a charge for payment and the Debt Advice and Information Package before they issue the arrestment schedule...did this happen?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread