Parking bay outside property recently painted by council - can I appeal for it to be removed?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am in the process of purchasing a property. There is a parking bay outside of the property. It is an event day only bay and was only added in the last couple of months (due to the saracens moving into Copthall stadium)

I have been enquiring about applying for a dropped kerb so I can put a driveway in my front garden but to "remove or relocate a parking bay" costs £2000 alone (non refundable and not guaranteed to be successful either!) That is before any of the other fees incurred when dropping the Kerb.

I was wondering, since the bay was only recently put there, and is for event day restrictions only, is there any way I can appeal to the council to remove it? It is literally blocking the whole front of my property making it impossible for me to access a driveway if I were to build one. Every other property on my side of the road has a driveway and obviously it must have been a lot easier since the bays were painted.

Does anyone know if there is a cheaper way to appeal to the council to remove the bay? Not sure if this makes a difference but the bay is half on the pavement and half on the road as the road is narrow.

Many Thanks,

QQQ

dont apply for the bay to be removed, just apply for the dropped kerb.

OR, if you havent exchanged contracts, ask the vendor to take the matter up or reduce the offer for their property by at least the £2k and the cost of the kerb etc.