Man's JSA sanctioned for 3 months

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Have anyone heard about this story today? a man's JSA Claim sanctioned for 3 months because he refused to apply for a job at a dressmaker's!

I can't provided a link as I found this on a forum and the op didn't provided a link so I don't know if this story is true or not but I think its not true as people can't have jsa sanctioned for 3 months, is that correct? people who get sanctioned will be sanctioned for the following periods.

2 weeks

4 weeks

6 months

3 years

Most people just BS their way through the app anyway and put a load of crap on it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hello,

Have anyone heard about this story today? a man's JSA Claim sanctioned for 3 months because he refused to apply for a job at a dressmaker's!

I can't provided a link as I found this on a forum and the op didn't provided a link so I don't know if this story is true or not but I think its not true as people can't have jsa sanctioned for 3 months, is that correct? people who get sanctioned will be sanctioned for the following periods.

2 weeks

4 weeks

6 months

3 years

If it is true and he was sanctioned for 3 months - he damn well deserves to be.

Whether he can or could do the job is irrelevant. He should follow the rules to the letter, no matter how stupid they may be, and apply for any job especially one indicated by the DWP. If I was claiming JSA and the Jobcentre told me to apply for a position as a senior neuro surgeon and my previous work experienced amounted to shop work and I had no qualifications, I would apply.

You cannot just decide that you don't think that that job is for me - their is a game being played and the Jobcentre are the referees.

Yeah I agree, if this story is true then he should have applied for the job, the employer might have asked him to attend a interview and on the interview date and the employer decided he is not right for the job then they could turn him down but at least he applied and went to the interview without risking he's jsa stopped.

Last year adviser at the jobcentre give me this print out of a job to apply and it stated on the vacancy that driving licence required which I don't have a licence anyway I sent of application with my cv and not heard anything back

Yeah I agree, if this story is true then he should have applied for the job, the employer might have asked him to attend a interview and on the interview date and the employer decided he is not right for the job then they could turn him down but at least he applied and went to the interview without risking he's jsa stopped.

Last year adviser at the jobcentre give me this print out of a job to apply and it stated on the vacancy that driving licence required which I don't have a licence anyway I sent of application with my cv and not heard anything back

I remember coming across a job advert on the jobcentre website a few years back. The job was at a kennels run by a charity. They were offering part time work at NMW - 16 hours a week. So far so good. Except when you got to the bottom of the advert it said that the job was conditional on the applicant volunteering to do another 16 hours a week for nothing!

Then many years ago, the Jobcentre as it was then sent a guy to a friend who ran an ornamental animal production factory. He asked for an able bodied guy who had both a driving licence for a 3 tonne van and also a forklift truck certificate of competency.

The guy they sent was overweight, had one arm, had never past a driving test and knew nothing about forklift trucks!

i was sent for a caretakers job,in the job description it said needed plumbing and plastering skills which i dont have my adviser thought because im over 50 i would get the job,

at the interview i was asked about my on sight experience with building and plumbing,i said i had no experience only in ware house work,they both asked me why i was applying for the position,i said my work coach sent me,they laughed and sent me on my way.

i was sent for a caretakers job,in the job description it said needed plumbing and plastering skills which i dont have my adviser thought because im over 50 i would get the job,

at the interview i was asked about my on sight experience with building and plumbing,i said i had no experience only in ware house work,they both asked me why i was applying for the position,i said my work coach sent me,they laughed and sent me on my way.

It's funny how these people think, isn't it? "Many caretakers are a bit older, so anyone who's a bit older can get a job as a caretaker." It's like assuming that everyone who is tall and black would be an ace basketball player.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It's funny how these people think, isn't it? "Many caretakers are a bit older, so anyone who's a bit older can get a job as a caretaker." It's like assuming that everyone who is tall and black would be an ace basketball player.

Or that most male armed robbers wear underclothes, therefore it is safe to assume that most males that wear underclothes are armed robbers!

You really have to give the jobcentre staff full marks for the quality in their thinking. Shame that they can't find others that have a little bit more intelligence. I made mention a while back of a civil servant that worked in my office. One afternoon she asked me if it was right that she had to put an air mail sticker on a letter that I had sent out - to be delivered to Cardiff, posted outside London. I asked her why would she come to that conclusion - 'Well when we went on holiday once we had to cross the sea by a big long bridge' Ooops you mean the Bristol Channel? 'Yes' - I told her that it would best if she did mark it Air Mail as it clearly is going to another country!

That girl now holds a senior position within the Civil Service.

Edited by fedupandold