Egg bank now barclaycard - passed to robinson way

hurtandconfused
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello ,

Does anyone have any experience of dealing with BARCLAYCARD (my account was originally egg)

The have no signature/original terms - they sent me a copy of terms on barclay card headed paper but i opened the account with egg - it was transferred to barclays?

It has £940 default balance last payment March 2012 now passed to Robinson Way collectors - Originally took out the card via online around 10 years ago. was paying it regular until March 2012

I have sent the prove it letter giving 12+ 2 days and they just gave me a black barclays terms

I asked them to remove from credit report but they wont do it

any help or advise would be much appreciated x

just because there is no CCA

sadly, its no reason to remove it from your CRA file.

don't forget, online accounts wont have a sig anyhow.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi there , its for £940 and there is no PPI but may be around £70 in late payment fees.

Should I just make an offer of token to pay it off then if they wont remove it from my report?

I thought I seen a template letter somewhere to send to creditors who fail to provide the agreement in 12+ 2 days asking them to remove from credit report but i cant find it now

will they definety not take me to court if they dont have the agreement? i want to avoid this happening.

thank you for the help i really apprechiate it

I think there should be a written agreement if it was 2003, electronic signatures came int force in 2004 I think, direct marketing 2005.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

= ignore them if that's correct.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi H&C,

Did you send BC a proper CCA request with the £1 fee.

I see you sent a "prove it" letter but there's no mention of a CCA request.

If all the default charges are recent, sadly there will be very little restitutionary interest you can claim on top but it IS worth asking BC to refund.

While the a/c is owned by BC, they're unlikely to take a F&F settlement offer.

Check for sure the date the a/c was opened and whether it was a paper application or online.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Moved into BC forum

:wink:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Egg agreements of that era were generally the written, "applied limit" variety.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Egg agreements of that era were generally the written, "applied limit" variety.

Yes, and someone will correct me if I am wrong, the fact that you applied online does not mean it comes under electronic signature regulations.

My understanding is that if the agreement was posted for you to sign and return, then it is not classed as an online CCA.

I could be wrong.

yep

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All just to update

I received a letter from robinsinway saying that they are responsible for my account now and that i should not have sent a payment direct to barclaycard.... but i didnt send a payment to barclaycard?

Where should i go from here? i sent the cca request but they dont have it they just sent standard terms and conditions (for barclaycard) my account was with egg...

can they enforce it if they dont have the agreement? will they ever remove it from credit report? should i pay them a token payment? will they take me to court? im so trying very hard to get life back on track. any help much appreciated

no, i recieved 4 letters in 2 1/2 weeks

letter 1 has an unsigned terms from barclaycard

letter 2 says 10 day notice of a home visit

letter 3 says willing to agree on affordable terms based on circumstances

letter 4 says i recently paid barclaycard direct and that i should not to pay barclaycard direct and only to pay them - but i havent paid anything to anyone?

Hi H&C,

It can be argued that BC have (sort of) fulfilled their s.78 CCA Request obligations by sending the T&C's, even though they are BC T&C's. However, that simply means they can continue with collection activity.

I'd write to Robinson Way saying you have only been sent T&C's relating to BC even though this was a Egg account. And would they therefore supply a copy of the Egg credit agreement and proof that RW have the right to make demands for this a/c - like a Letter of Assignment (unless, of course, they have already supplied this).

They need to supply a copy of the original agreement as well as a recent varied copy in order to comply with section 78, they can continue to ask for repayment anyway, they just cannot enforce until they come up with it.

Sounds to me like they are struggling.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/consultations/OFT1175con.pdf

Where there has been a variation of the terms and conditions of the

agreement

2.27 Where an agreement has been varied in accordance with section 82(1)

of the Act, the OFT considers that, by virtue of Regulation 7 of the

Copies of Documents Regulations, the duty is to provide not only a copy

of the agreement as originally executed but also

• a copy of the latest variation given in accordance with section 82(1)

of the Act relating to each discrete term of the agreement which has

been varied, or

• a clear statement of the terms of the agreement as varied in

accordance with section 82(1) of the Act.

Sorry missed a bit thanks slick

Edited by Dodgeball