Only received 75% of wages - Help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

I need some help. Today I got paid as usual at the end of the month. I have been working for a big retail firm for nearly 2 years. I transfered to another city 4 weeks ago.

The pay I recieved today was 25% short.

I phoned my base office and they told me that for 1 week I was recorded as absent, and this isn't the case, my new manager in the new city phoned base office and told them that I was at work and he will send her the information needed as proof and signed by him. The issue is, my old manager where I used to work never sent the time sheet for that week to base office, so they put my down as absent. But now since my new manager has sent confirmation I was working, they told him that I will have to wait until my next pay in 4 weeks to get my money.

Is this fair? I mean, I worked and I deserve to get paid. This isn't my fault nor my mistake and they have been told by a manager that I should be paid for that week, so can they make me wait 4 weeks for it? Should I go to my district manager or as someone I work with said to me, to take it out the till lol. But seriously, I got bills to pay how am I meant to pay them with 25% of wages missing?

All help appreciated.

If its a big company, I'd bypass management and get in touch with payroll.

Explain that this shortfall has left you in financial difficulty and that you can't wait 4 weeks for your money.

I'm sure somebody will be able to pay the missing 25% minus tax and national insurance and rectify it next month?

My employers have messed up my wages and they've always put it straight into my account and adjusted it on the following months payslip as a "salary advance".

I think if you get in touch with payroll or HR they'll sort it for you. It's just cutting out the middle man! Managers would only contact payroll or HR on your behalf to sort it.

Good luck :)

It never rains but it pours...

If its a big company, I'd bypass management and get in touch with payroll.

Explain that this shortfall has left you in financial difficulty and that you can't wait 4 weeks for your money.

I'm sure somebody will be able to pay the missing 25% minus tax and national insurance and rectify it next month?

My employers have messed up my wages and they've always put it straight into my account and adjusted it on the following months payslip as a "salary advance".

I think if you get in touch with payroll or HR they'll sort it for you. It's just cutting out the middle man! Managers would only contact payroll or HR on your behalf to sort it.

Good luck :)

I forgot to add, I did phone payroll in first instance who told me to ring base office cause they can only pay on the information they have.

So I guess I should speak to the district supervisor now? Explain the situation to him and ask for my money?

No - you (politely) DEMAND that the error is put right, and that in not paying you the correct salary, the employer will be liable for any charges or additional costs incurred as a result of the shortfall.

It is a straightforward matter to transfer the money to you outside of the payroll run as an advance and to correct this on your next payslip, or even to make a cash payment from the till if needs be!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!