HSBC missold me an overdraft based on an investment which turned out to be a con

Hawk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Bank, (HSBC) has been negligent and mis-sold me an overdraft on the basis of funds coming from an investment which turned out to be a con trick the bank had said the investment was sound and actively encouraged me to run up a large overdraft knowing I only had a very small income- they were so desperate to get all of the funds from the investment deposited in their bank they advised me badly and when it was found to be a con trick, they placed a charge on my property to cover the overdraft and are now trying to repossess my home! I have complained to the FOS but they were biased in favour of the bank, so I complained to the Independant Assessor who said I`d been treated badly by the FOS and things had been done wrong and awarded a small amount of compensation- I believe things were done wrong as they were biased in favour of HSBC. Now the Bank is going for a repossession order for my property so I`ve been to see a solicitor today who`s told me I have a good case and may get legal aid but after ringing the legal aid line I was refused legal aid...probably because I`m not on any benefits! I can`t afford to take the bank to court myself as this whole fiasco has ruined me financially and seemingly I can`t get free help but surely there must be something I can do? Please help if you can as I feel so helpless and am at my wits end. I was at Court on 10th June for a Possession Hearing and put in a Defence and the Judge adjourned to enable me time to submit a fully pleaded defence and counter claim but I can`t afford a Solicitor to do this? The day before I was at Court in June, HSBC e-mailed me and offered to knock the amount they claim is owed down from £91500.00 to £59500.00 and no costs would be payable, provided I signed an agreement saying I wouldn`t take any further action against HSBC either now or in the future...I find this `offer` all very odd and feel I`m missing something that HSBC are worried about? Sorry for the length of this- can anyone advise me please as I`m due in Court again next week...thank you