my claim against hsbc

lisag100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had another £75 taken out for charges on friday. I phoned up the call center today to ask about the charges ie: what they are for and can I have them returned and the bloke at the call center said that the reason the charges are so much is because they are designed to shock you into not going overdrawn, my reply was that it sounded too much money and its left me overdrawn again now that they have taken them out as I only had £50 in the account and he told me that the reason that it was high is because otherwise everyone would go overdrawn if they charged a low amount.

what a joke I wish i had recorded the conversation now!!

I don't know why people don't routinely record their conversations with the banks and other companies.

We are hearing time and time again of these kinds of conversations which could prove to be extemely useful if they could be proved.

Recording devices are easy to come by, cheap and reliable. You can record telephone conversations and also record meetings.

We have a couple of links in the library to sites which sell recording devices to use with telephones or recording software for use with VoIP conversations. The VoIp recording software works with Skype and is excellent.

lisag100 wrote

what a joke I wish i had recorded the conversation now!!

The bankwill have a copy. You can ask for it under DPACost you £10.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Hi i have another question I have been going through my statments and have had a lot of card misuse charges cropping up ranging from £10-£40 any ideas what these could be for they are dating back 3 years

Hi i was just wondering if anyone had been recently refunded by HSBC after sending their first letter.

Its just that they would have received mine today so am wondering what the bank usually does at this point.

has anyone received a refund on the first letter. I am willing to obviously take it further if I dont receive anything but just wanted to know of others experiances with HSBC.

any help would be much appreciated.

many thanks

i got a refund from hfc which is owned by hsbc six hours after i spoke to them on the telephone. i think i was lucky in the way i did it that the person at the call centre was so shocked at me calling up she had someone with obviously a lot of power to haggle over money to call me up only a few hours later and negotiate. thats an extreme case though and was done months before this became popular. it is possible to do though and some people do, i think you just have to be lucky not just with the bank but whoever gets your complaint on whether they escalate it to the right staff or not. their prompt action saved them hundreds in legal fees and interest under the county courts act and is what should happen every time if banks cared about their bottom line.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i sent my first letter claiming for £2400 on the 22nd march and receivced a standard letter back so sent my letter before action to my local branch on the 5th april but have not heard anything back wil it matter that i sent it to my local branch instead of the one on canada square as the first letter i sent to both but the second i only sent to my local branch as i forgot about the other one.

If i have had no reply by 19th april i will then fill in the papers online for court action.

how long have other people waited between filling in the online court papers to getting a refund?

another question when i sent the first letter i was only claiming for £2400 but since then i have had another £120 applied to my account how would i go about getting that back would i have to do it sepaterly.

been on the phone to the call center as i had 3 cheques due to go out today one for £60 one for £8 and one for £15 and one direct debit for £9 and i only had £55 in my account so all the cheques where bounced and i have been charged 2 lots of £30 charges and 2 lots of £10 charges for the cheques and direct debit being returned and charges for last month of £30 came out so im now left £55 overdrawn how can they take these all out on one day??

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to sound a bit strange but ive been really ill at the moment and my date to but my claim into money claim was wednesday just gone anyway i sat down last night to do it but cant get my head round this intrest hting i have gone over it about 5 times but each time im getting a differant figure.

what would happen if i dont claim the intrest will i still be able to get the rest back as the interst doesnt actually equate to alot.

I have done stages one and two and am just finalising the online claim stuff.

what i was wondering is the £150 court fees that im paying do i get them returned if it does not go to court??

thanks and sorry for making another post its jsut i need to know asap as im about to complete the end of the forms

Guest Lueeze

You wont get it returned by the court...

You will insist on it from the bank to drop the case before court.

If IF it went to court, the ank will loose and they will have to pay it anyway

Dont worry

Lou xxx

You do get court fees back. It's part of the claim form (on paper) and I see no reason why it should not apply to the online claim. Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

since i sent letters one and 2 over 2 hundread pounds in charges has come from my account can i add these on to the money claim from or do i have to send another letter to hsbc before i can add them on.

You can add them. Don't forget though that you are not prevented from making a second claim if you find extra charges, so the choice is all yours - as always!

Best of luck

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks