Parking charge from Car Parking Partnership

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've been receiving letters from Car Parking Partnership for a few months asking for payment of £80 for my vehicle being parked in a university staff car park. I was told by many people that private companies don't have a lot of power and it's often best to ignore their threats.

Today I received a letter from Industrial Credit asking for £96 within 7 days and failure to do so will result in immediate issue of legal procedings.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice on what to do in this situation.

Thanks.

Well, for start off the debt collection agency has no rights whatsoever so their threats can be safely ignored. All they are doing is charging for sending out a scary letter on behalf of CPP, who have little in the way of any right to bill you either. Read the threads on this section and you will see that it is a speculative invoice based on an unenforceable unileteral contract that you havent entered into.

Best to ignore them a bit more but if you do want to write to someone then write to the university and ask for a copy of the contract that allows these bandits to commit their ursury.

Bailiffs no, there is absolutely no chance of of that happening.

As for powerless debt collectors. there is a small possibility of them attempting to engage in meaningful conversation on your doorstep, but the only thing you need do there is laugh at them and shut the door.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Report the dca to the oft and tell the dca you are doing so.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D