PPS parking charge notice - Exeter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm new to this site and have found the previous threads very helpful.

However, having received now two parking charges from PPS my confidence in ignoring them is dwindling! Any help with these would be gratefully received.

1st fine received 3 weeks ago - I parked in Northernhay Street CP and paid for 1hr returning within the hour. However on returning to my car I realised that I had parked in an unmarked bay (marked only by old white lines sprayed on the wall - see pic) which was reserved for WPD permit holders only, apparently. Also on the wall were very old yellow SWEB notices (again please see pic). Having read previous threads about PPS, I decided not to the pay the fine or even acknowledge it.

2nd fine received today, same car park. On arrival the machine was not accepting money. Another car had stuck a note on the machine saying that it had swallowed his money and not issued a ticket. I placed a note in my windscreen stating the time I'd arrived and that the machine was out of order and that I would try again on my return. On returning I had been issued with a parking charge for 'no valid ticket' As I had stated in my note, I went to pay, the machine now accepting my money. I duly paid up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44624[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]44625[/ATTACH]

Please can someone let me know if I am right standing my ground or if I am in the wrong and should have paid up?

Many thanks

IT IS NOT A FINE

nowhere does anything a say fine or penalty

its a SPECULATIVE INVOICE

do not pay up

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...