style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Sir/Madam,

need your advice!

I am attaching the police constable statement who caught me for u-turning from that road where it is prohibited.

I checked again on that road I seen 3 u-turn not allowed sign on that road, one at the start of the road second few yards ahead opposite bus stop

then last almost at the end of the road and there are few u-turn not allowed signs too for opposite site traffic so it means no one can u-turn from both sides.

From where I started the u-turn that is a Newcastle city council taxi rank and where I finished the u-turn that is also a Newcastle city council taxi rank.

I just moved from one taxi rank to other taxi rank but I cross the road that became u-turn.

Actually I was working on that taxi rank first time and I seen many taxi drivers u-turning from there even in front of police

plus from where I started the u-turn, there is a u-turn not allowed sign but that sign is not facing towards me

which police constable mention in his statement that sign is for opposite traffic so I thought u-turn might be allowed for taxi drivers

cause they moved from one taxi rank to other taxi rank so I did the same and police caught me.

Now my question is:-

1. Cause it's a taxi rank so all taxi drivers u-turn from there day and night even in front of police. if I provide the proof in court that everyone u-turn from there even in front of police will it be helpful in my case? that it's a mistake

2. The police constable indicate that there was a u-turn not allowed sign from where I started the u-turn. I confirm that sign face is not towards me that sign is for opposite traffic. for example if u see no entry sign in front of you it means u cannot enter in that road but opposite side traffic can come out from that road I hope you understand my point. will it be helpful in my case ?

hope you will help me out from it.

Thanks

Kind Regards,

Faisal

Looks to me like you knew you weren't meant to do a u turn but did it anyway and got caught? You saw 3 no u turn signs didn't you? Is that the gist of it? If so, take it on chin and learn from it.

Hello and Welcome,

I have moved this thread to the appropriate Forum, please continue to post here regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Now my question is:-

1. Cause it's a taxi rank so all taxi drivers u-turn from there day and night even in front of police. if I provide the proof in court that everyone u-turn from there even in front of police will it be helpful in my case? that it's a mistake

You could try getting some of your rank colleagues to turn up at court to state under oath they all carry out illegal u-turns.

The law states that a u-turn is a continuous forward movement of the vehicle. Did you perform this manoeuvre or did you do a 3 point turn or turn to park so there was no forward movment on the opposite side of the carriageway (even for a little bit) If there was no continuous movment then you did not disobey the signage. (Azadegan and Orphanides)

The law states that a u-turn is a continuous forward movement of the vehicle. Did you perform this manoeuvre or did you do a 3 point turn or turn to park so there was no forward movment on the opposite side of the carriageway (even for a little bit) If there was no continuous movment then you did not disobey the signage. (Azadegan and Orphanides)

I think you need to read the case you quoted again, in particular...

The differentiation between various types ofmanoeuvre used when a vehicle is turning around may be relevant, for example,as regards driving tests or where public safety issues arise. However, consideringcarefully all the evidence before us, we find that a U‑turn in the context ofroad traffic regulation means that avehicle is turned so that it travels in thedirection from whence it had just come. Whether that manoeuvre is achieved bythe vehicle travelling in one continuous motion or by use of the forward orreverse gears is not in itself relevant. Naturally, other factors will usually haveto be considered, such as whether the manoeuvre occurred on the road and whetherit was the road alleged. Each case will, as always, turn on its own facts.

Actually, in my case there were two taxi ranks both side of the road and we all fellow queue system. On other side of the road there is taxi rank of 5 taxis and in my side of road there is taxi rank for 2 taxis. The 5th taxi position of other side of the road and the 1st taxi position of this side of the road are exactly opposite of each other. My position was 1st in this side of the road when 1st taxi moved out of other side of taxi rank there were 4 taxis left on that side so I moved from this side of the road to the other side of the road . I need to cross the road coz it was other side of the road. I u-turned not 3 turned and parked my taxi on 5th position of other side of the taxi rank. I hope I explain it now.