Dealership nearly had my car set on fire!

salman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I booked my car in at a dealership for fuel injector cleaning as they were going to have the fuel injectors taken out and sent off to a fuel injector cleaning company for Ultransonic cleaning.

However when the fuel injectors got back, the company included a report stating that the seals (O seal rings) on the fuel injectors will need replacing but the Dealership didn't replace them which caused the car to leak fuel extremely badly on the way home from the dealership. I could tell something was wrong when my father came home with the car and stank of petrol from the other side of the room! Also, when I went outside to see the car for myself, I could smell fuel from the other side of the garden and the smell of fuel inside the car was the worst.

After speaking to some mechanics and researching online, I found out that fuel leaks caused by fuel injectors is very dangerous as the fuel can leak into the engine bay and near the exhaust which can cause the car to set on fire whilst driving so I guess I'm just lucky the car never set on fire whilst my father was driving it home from the dealership.

I just want to know where I stand and what laws I could use against the dealership as they literally thought it was okay to risk our lives for the sake of couple of pounds replacing the O seal rings. I'm going to be going into the dealership tommorow so I'd appreciate if I could get as much advice as I can today :-D

Edited by salman

Hello there.

Sorry to learn about the situation, that's pretty scary.

As far as legislation goes, here's a good place to start: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/supply-of-goods-and-services-act-1982/

Much of the field of negligence is common law based, was any actual harm caused at all?

Hi thanks I'll check the link out, and no actual harm was caused but it was very inconvenient as I wasn't allowed to drive the car so I had to get it towed back to the dealership and I'm without a car for a few days whilst they've ordered the O seal rings in.

Edited by salman

You have the right to a professional service. You now tell them to come and collect the car on a truck and fix the injectors and to pay you damages.

If they refuse, then you tell them you will get the main dealer to come and collect and do the job and bill them for it.