Please Help, got caught using my brother's 18+ Oyster card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What if they ask you at interview about the first dates you offered a short fare?

If they knew your name when they stopped you, one wonders when they first interrogated the system to get its existing records....

first dates i offered a short fare? you mean when did i decide to deliberately continue using his card?

Btw I followed OC's advice which is to stick the allegation - travel without a valid ticket, therefore, instead of putting an specific date down,

i modified the second paragraph by saying - 'I apologise for using what transpired to be the discounted 18+ oyster card that belonged to my brother'.

Maybe BazzaS you are right that they can interrogate the system to get the records, but what I have to do is to admit my mistakes and apologise for my action.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The record of usage is available from the moment the Oyster is used.

Each journey record is logged to the system against the unique Oyster card number and a search of that card number will show up all transactions, the times of journeys and where from and to, during the eight week period preceding the last entry.

The record of usage is available from the moment the Oyster is used.

Each journey record is logged to the system against the unique Oyster card number and a search of that card number will show up all transactions, the times of journeys and where from and to, during the eight week period preceding the last entry.

OC, thanks for that.

Am i correct in saying the times of journeys and where from and to info will not be available prior to the 8-week period preceding the last entry, unless the system is interrogated to achieve that?

Hello,

if this is your first offence, it wont appear on your CRB except you were arrested by the BT Police.I had such an experience and i can tell that you are stressed at the moment as i was traumatised throughout the ordeal.Please pay your fine and move on.It wont appear on your CRB as long as you appear in court and pay your fine as agreed.I am working at he moment and it didnt appear on my CRB when my current employer requested for one.

Hello,

if this is your first offence, it wont appear on your CRB except you were arrested by the BT Police.I had such an experience and i can tell that you are stressed at the moment as i was traumatised throughout the ordeal.Please pay your fine and move on.It wont appear on your CRB as long as you appear in court and pay your fine as agreed.I am working at he moment and it didnt appear on my CRB when my current employer requested for one.

Wrong & wrong.

It is IRRELEVANT if arrested by BTP or not.

What matters if if convicted (or accepted a formal caution) for a criminal offence.

Bear in mind that 'CRB's' are now "DBS's" and that a conviction should show on an enhanced DBS.

You say "pay your fine" : a fine implies a criminal conviction (as any "out of court settlement" [which wouldn't show on a DBS] would be an "administrative settlement" rather than a fine).

Hello,

Hey Winner2512, I appreciate your effort in trying to make me feel better.

However, every case is different. I have done something awfully wrong for which I have prepared the worst outcome.

As far as I understand, if I have to go to court, a criminal conviction will be inevitable, unless an administrative settlement has been made coupled with penalty fares.

have you been offered an administrative settlement for your case?

• 1 month later...
Wrong & wrong.

It is IRRELEVANT if arrested by BTP or not.

What matters if if convicted (or accepted a formal caution) for a criminal offence.

Bear in mind that 'CRB's' are now "DBS's" and that a conviction should show on an enhanced DBS.

You say "pay your fine" : a fine implies a criminal conviction (as any "out of court settlement" [which wouldn't show on a DBS] would be an "administrative settlement" rather than a fine).

Sadly it's slightly worse than that. If the police report it, unlawfully, as a cleared up crime ("non sanction detection") then illegally disclose it in a DBS/CRB disclosure as they think they are lawfully permitted to do, then you're still screwed. Try doing a SAR at the relevant "police station" (or whatever they call it) of the transport police. That should nail it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

After 2 months of being worried sick and feeling regretful of my action while waiting for a reply from TFL, I have finally received one today in which it states that i will be called for a court summons for end of next month.

I have been charged with S.5(3)(a) of the Regulation of Railways Act 1889 as amended by Section 84(2) of the Transport Act 1962 and Section 18 of the British Railways Act 1970.

I will not argue with the fact that I am guilty, however, I still want to try to settle out of court since the hearing is a month away.

I want to ring the prosecution manager tomorrow and offer a grovelling apology and show my regret for making such a terrible mistake.

Is it a better idea than writing another letter?

are there any Dos and Don'ts I should be aware of ?

Thank you.

have you had any confirmation they got your letter?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

have you had any confirmation they got your letter?

dx

No I can't find it on the letter I have received.

neither did I receive any confirmation by email even I saw some posts here saying confirmation would be sent upon receiving the letter.