Cogent Collections Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi has anyone heard of this company before? I have googled them and found nada which is quite odd.

This is in respect of a debt they have purchased from someone else and I have just got a solicitors letter about it, but I have had no contact from Cogent at all and need to get in touch with them.

Any ideas?

Thanks

some two bit spoof DCA

i'd not be contacting them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/08312380

http://www.companieslist.co.uk/08312380-cogent-collections-ltd

There doesn't appear to be very much about them on a google search.

They seem to be in Kent.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi All,

Tried to post an image of their registered address but cocked up again!

It looks like a converted house into 4 flats.

Another rogue trader!

http://www.companieslist.co.uk/08312380-cogent-collections-ltd

If you scroll down to the bottom of this link it shows the property.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Is this an offshoot of the software and collections company from Michigan I wonder?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Imraj Jabbal, who is noted in companieslist as having been a director of Cogent for less than a month, calls himself on his linkedin profile (where he poses as quite the dandy) Team Leader at CFO Lending, formerly Capital Finance One, "the payday lender that charged 16,734,509.4%" (Guardian 16 March).

I don't know whether this implies a business link between Cogent and CFO; we all know how murky the depths of the bog.

#justsayin

aha CFO, yes tallies

the other one used this week has been LC solicitors by CFO too

new spoofing tactics me thinks.

designed to make the punter think there is a whole industry

behind getting this money back

when in fact its one bloke

just changing skirts and desks and letterheads

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

All very interesting - the other thing I think I have found after a bit more digging is that this DCA don't seem to have a Consumer Credit Licence. Surely they have too if they are to act as a DCA?

Yes, I think they do.

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

Apologies as I am no doubt being a bit thick here but I am looking for the specific part of the OFT Guidelines that says companies are not allowed to do this CFO resolve thing, i.e. encourage people to get into further debt etc

I have had a look through OFT664Rev but can't see it.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

What do you mean by the CFO Resolve thing? Is it taking one big debt to clear other debts - if so that is rather dodgy advice anyway, is it them taking all your debts then taking one payment from you to cover them? That too is not the best way of dealing with some debts.

Hi there

Apologies as I am no doubt being a bit thick here but I am looking for the specific part of the OFT Guidelines that says companies are not allowed to do this CFO resolve thing, i.e. encourage people to get into further debt etc

I have had a look through OFT664Rev but can't see it.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Hi

Have a look at 3.7(b) on page 23 here

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/consultations/OFT664Rev_Debt_collection_g1.pdf

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

What do you mean by the CFO Resolve thing? Is it taking one big debt to clear other debts - if so that is rather dodgy advice anyway, is it them taking all your debts then taking one payment from you to cover them? That too is not the best way of dealing with some debts.

CFO Resolve....all part of Capital Finance One (CFO) payday lender

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

This CFO Resolve is extremely dangerous - they tell you that you can pay the loan you already owe them (and which you will have no doubt defaulted on) without interest and they will also give you a further "top up" of £XXX in your bank straight away. What actually happens is that the debtor takes up the offer, gives new card details......... CFO decide not to grant the top up and, having now got your new card details, empty your bank account for payment of the old loan ! Bingo - debt collecting done!

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.