Vodafone Violation of Data Protection Act

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a preliminary hearing (15 minutes) with my local court on the 17th March 2014. Vodafone have asked if I would consent to making this a phone conversation, so they do not have to attend.

Personally, I'd rather talk to someone face-to-face about this, and I don't see why I should make life convenient for Vodafone given everything outlined above.

Vodafone have sent me another letter:

"We write further to your letter dated 20th December 2013. Please can you provide us with a copy of the letter from your mortgage adviser dated 19th July 2013 and a copy of the letter from the ICO dated 16th December 2013 as referred to in your letter. We would also be grateful if you could provide us with a colour copy of your credit report. In relation to your question regarding Vodafone’s reimbursements, our client has accepted that you gave notice to cancel your account on 20th December 2009. As per our client’s terms and conditions, customers must provide 30 days’ notice of termination. Therefore the date your account should have been cancelled was 19th January 2010. Vodafone admit that you were charged after this point, however all further charges were refunded to you."

Am I obliged to help them with any of this? To be it seems like they have not been properly filing my former correspondence (all sent via recorded delivery), and they now feel this is becoming urgent because of the Tomlin Order and preliminary court hearing.

Hi

Is there a court date yet?

Why they want a 'colour' copy of your credit report is beyond my wit. If you have previously sent these, why do it again!

It would be worth getting copies anyway just in case. If it costs to do this, add it to the bill.

Hopefully the legal minds will spot this and make comment. BF is busy but I hope he will pop in too.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Silverfox - yes, the preliminary court hearing is scheduled for the 17th of March. I've got copies of everything from me and them. Thanks for keeping tabs on this - you guys have been so supportive - I don't know how I would have got his far without CAG.

Well hopefully this case will go the same way as Phihargs case did with an out of court settlement. (best for you) but if not then (for CAG and the wider community) they should get a spanking at court.

I would send the documents as (in my thinking) they could say you were being obstructive (even though it is they that are doing so)

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Got it - I will do. But the phone conversation in place of attending the preliminary court hearing? I would like to speak with the court representative or judge face-to-face, and I think they should do also.

Got it - I will do. But the phone conversation in place of attending the preliminary court hearing? I would like to speak with the court representative or judge face-to-face, and I think they should do also.

No idea on that. Waaay out of my comfort zone :|

Is this something like a mediation phone call?

I know that this is a bit late in the day but I am going to ask for the site teams opinion of whether to move this thread (with a link) to the Legal Issues forum.

There are some quite good minds on that forum who don't even look at this forum.

Bear with me

Because this is now requiring input from legal minds, I have copied the thread to the legal forums. Please follow the link below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?415882-Vodafone-Violation-of-Data-Protection-Act

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D