Tax code on pay slip

sweets-on-the-move
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

came from self employment to unemployment then in aug got work for agencey driver hirein aug 2012 i earnt £4883.36p to dec 2012 tax code was 810l/x. changed jobs dec 2012 to present gross income £6,000 to end of tax year.tax paid £1204.00 ni paid £344.64. tax code BR .so far this year tax paid £488.00 nat ins £137.52 to date 31/5/13. tax code still BR.married with 3 children under 16 yrs no other employment apart from stated here.why am i paying tax on everything i earn.seem worse off in work to be truthfull.any advice please would be helpfull to me.

Hi Sweets,

During Aug 2012 to Dec'r 2012, you were on the "emergency" code because you had no P45 to hand in (because you'd been self employed). Depending on your final s/e earnings, in the year to 5/4/13, there may be some more s/e tax to pay.

Then you've were on a BR code at the new job which is probably good - it means no further underpayments of tax arise from Dec'r 2012 to 5/4/13.

However since 6/4/13, as long as you're no longer working s/e at all, you should be getting your full Personal Allowances against your PAYE income.

Ask your employer which tax office deals with their PAYE scheme and get in touch with them to confirm:-

1. The date you ceased being s/e.

2. The tax office that you dealt with when filing your s/e accounts and tax returns.

3. Yours earnings from Aug to Dec'r 2012 and from Dec'r to 5/4/13.

4. That you're still on a BR tax code this year since 6/4/13 even though you've entirely ceased being s/e (if that's the case).

5. Being on the BR code is causing you severe financial difficulties and you need your proper code issued (probably 944L with no "Wk1" or "x" after it) asap.

Keep us updated. :-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Get that tax code changed asap. Then tell HMRC you want to be assessed for a rebate. Youll get most, if not all that extra tax you paid, back.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D