Hackney Parking: Illegal signs put up without notice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My car has been parked outside my house for days. I saw it being ticketed and ran downstairs to be told that this single sign had been up for 3 weeks. I had seriously never seen it, but how do I prove that it wasn't there?

Is it even legal? Is is so small and only says no loading. Not no parkling. This is the third time I have had a parking ticket from the same warden. The last two times were slightly different, I appealed and won each time, but with NO explanation as to why the mistakes were being made.

It is so maddening. :mad2:

Also during those days, nothing happened at all! I was working from home and there was NO use of the bays.

IMG_4552.JPG

IMG_4553.JPG

Oh by the way I have already paid the fine - £65 (£150 after 14 days!!)

I'm going to call up Hackney tomorrow and ask for a refund, because I have decided to appeal it.

Is it? Thats a pity.

They leave the yellow signs lying around until you start to ignore them, and then one day just stick up the white paper underneath it specifying a couple of days of no parking.

Nothing was done one any of the days to warrant the bays being reserved either. Surely theres something in that. And in that I have had two successful appeals of parking tickts in the same spot in the last three months. Majorly dodgy parking warden: civil enforcement officer 0418 is a proper [problem] job. Needs to lose his job.

Just because you had the earlier PCNs cancelled does not mean they weren't issued for an actual contravention, like this one. Sometimes councils are just lenient - but they can't win whatever they do. If they cancel it, the CEO should lose his job, if they don't it's a money-making con.

Anyway, in this case, parking bays are often suspended at the request of someone, who maybe is moving house, or needs building work doing or something. They pay for it - but if they don't use it on the day, that's not the council's fault.

You should find the council has a record, and probably even photos, showing the sign going up. You could ask for these and see if they support the council's version of events.

Just because you had the earlier PCNs cancelled does not mean they weren't issued for an actual contravention, like this one. Sometimes councils are just lenient - but they can't win whatever they do. If they cancel it, the CEO should lose his job, if they don't it's a money-making con.

Anyway, in this case, parking bays are often suspended at the request of someone, who maybe is moving house, or needs building work doing or something. They pay for it - but if they don't use it on the day, that's not the council's fault.

You should find the council has a record, and probably even photos, showing the sign going up. You could ask for these and see if they support the council's version of events.

Great advice, thanks. I will ask for evidence of when the signs were put up. Cheers :)