Ge money home lending

MOLSON
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It seems there is an enormous tailback of serious complaints out there in the forum relating to the activities of GE MONEY HOME LENDING and it's associated companies -

In 2002 my wife and I approached a company called Purple Loans for a secured loan on our property

to carry out home improvements,

it seemed right at the time since we owned the property outright,

the loan was approved and that was that.

In 2003 a member of the family had a tragic accident which left him paralysed and in need of constant care.

We applied for a second home owner loan to carry extensive alterations to our property

in order to provide the right accommodation for him.

The first loan incorporated a Life and income protection policy which we were told was a mandatory criteria for the loan approval,

when the second loan was approved in 2003,

we queried the benefits of the policy and what it actually covered,

in my case it didn't cover anything as I was self-employed

- I was told that the policy couldn't be cancelled and would have to run to the expiry date of 2005,

the cost of this policy was part of the loan amount which was over a fifteen year term,

my loan repayments therefore include the cost of this policy along with the interest over the fifteen year period,

a policy which expired in 2005 and was not renewed since in a nutshell it was worthless.

It was pretty chaotic during the period 2003 and 2009 as both my wife and I had become full time carers for my father,

I did however on a number occasions during this period argue the point about the policy

and why it was I was paying for this policy over a fifteen year term when it no longer existed

and was fraudulently sold in the first place.

In 2011 I again began chasing the company,

Ge money home lending, over this matter, nothing was forthcoming from GE other than excuses,

one person would say there was never a policy on the account,

another person would say the matter was 'time barred' and

others would say the company was not regulated prior to 2005 and so on.

Late on in 2011, I perhaps did a stupid thing

- I with held making further payments to the account on the basis that they, GE, owed me money,

this went on for about three months

during which time I was bombarded with letters at the rate of one every other day

and phone calls every day ranging from eight in the morning to nine at night. .and they were continual!

eventually I resumed making my normal monthly payments which meant my account was in arrears,

even though they, GE, were not prepared to recalculate my payments with regard to the policy matter,

in 2012 i notified GE that I was leaving the self employed industry and becoming employed,

something which I had been considering for a long time,

I also notified them that I was putting my property up for sale in order to get rid of the 'GE millstone' once and for all,

they sent me a letter back, to say they appreciated the fact that I was keeping them informed

and I was being positive (eh).

Leading up to Christmas 2012 apart from being laid off from work (recession!)

I was also involved in a car accident which didn't help matters,

even so, I was still making my normal monthly payments to the account.

On January the 21st 2013 I rang GE to say that I was unable to make the full payment for January,

they agreed that I could pay them half the amount on the understanding that I contacted them on the 28th January

with an update as I had a job interview on the 24th January.

On the 23rd January a car ran into the back of my car pushing me into another car (does this get worse?)

luckily I was insured although my car was destined to be off the road for several weeks.

On the 28th January I rang GE as per agreed to give them an update, whilst I was on the phone trying to explain my dilemma,

the postman dropped a big fat envelope through my letter box, which had the words 'EVERSHEDS' in bold letters across it.

It was GE's answer to everything 'repossession proceedings commenced'

- 2 days after having agreed a lesser payment over the phone, taking the payment by debit card,

they decided to issue repossession proceedings

- there was no pre-legal protocol applied,

they lied in the court documents,

they lied about the content of the telephone call

- the first hearing on the 28th February was adjourned thanks to the intervention of the solicitors

of a charitable organisation called Shelter,

the second hearing on the 28th March was dismissed as I had brought my account up to date the day before,

the judge ordered that the case for costs was also dismissed

although I still got notification from GE 3 days later that legal costs to the tune £1100 had been applied to my account

- even now I'm still getting letters from GE at an average of three to four a week,

and instead of phone calls I now get text messages from them to say 'payment due on' such a date.

I can't wait to get these people out of my life once and for all.

My message to anyone out there is

- steer well clear of anything that has anything to do with GE MONEY HOME LENDING

and to all those who are at their wits end having already dealt with them post your experiences

in order that others don't fall victim to their unscrupulous tactics!______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by MOLSON

Molson

use the edit post button below that post to insert some blank lines

if not, add lines with just a . on them

from the file or device you posted it from

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you can reclaim that useless life ins

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...