Barclaycard on credit file - AR/AP markers for +6ys

bannister007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following my reminder, I have finally recieved a reply!

The letter basically says, that my current address is not what they have on their records - I have moved since but I did tell them, so the previous reply they sent out was to the address on their records.

They have agreed to remove any data from my credit records.

And best of all, they sent me a cheque for £50. as an apology!!!

I'm so glad this mess is finally over, and I can draw a line under the whole situation.

I know I must keep checking the credit files until it is clear, but hopefully it won't take too long!!

Following my reminder, I have finally recieved a reply!

The letter basically says, that my current address is not what they have on their records - I have moved since but I did tell them, so the previous reply they sent out was to the address on their records.

They have agreed to remove any data from my credit records.

And best of all, they sent me a cheque for £50. as an apology!!!

I'm so glad this mess is finally over, and I can draw a line under the whole situation.

I know I must keep checking the credit files until it is clear, but hopefully it won't take too long!!

Pleased to hear this a good result, allow about 14 days to remove the data.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

hey well done

let us know when this happens and i'll mark it resolved.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Usually updated after the end of the month, if the creditors update that way, some may only update quarterly.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 3 weeks later...

A update - One Braclaycard account disappered from my credit file, so wrote to Barclaycard with copy of their letter, asking for the second card to be removed.

£50 cheque from Barclaycard was returned as unpaid?

Just looked on Equifax, and Barclaycard account has put the account back onto system, with July 2013, showing the first AP marker?

What do I do now? I'm not bothered about the £50 'gesture' cheque, but removing the marker and then replacing it?

I'd write enclosing a copy of their earlier letter and say,

"In your letter of xxdate, you agreed to remove adverse credit markers and pay compensation of £50.

Althought the CRA markers disappeared for a while, they have now been reinstated.

Furthermore, you cheque for £50 has been returned unpaid.

I require that you remedy this situation fully within 14 days including removal of CRA markers and payment of compensation (including extra for this latest charade), failing which, formal complaints will be lodged with the FOS and the ICO."

See how they respond.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

No reply from Barclay Card, (suprise, suprise), opened a case with Wquifax, including copy of Barclay Card letter.

They sent to 'third party' and was removed yesterday.

Opened a second case on the second card yesterday, sent to 'third party'. Will wait and see if they do the same!!

Wouldn't mind, but the letter from Barclay Card, basically says 'we were in the wrong, the account is statue barred and we shouldn't put ap markers on yoiur credit file.'

I would try and upload it if I can - it's so comical!!

You should really make a formal complaint to Barclays HQ about this.

However, it's up to you if you decide to deal with their failings differently.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick,

I am going to make an offical complaint to Barclay Card.

At the moment, the only joy I seem to get is through Equifax!

Everytime I send a 'reminder', the amount of paper I enclose is getting more and more, as I keep copying all the previous letters, copy of cheque, rejection letter for cheque, you get the picture!

As soon as the final is removed from credit file, I will write to their complaints dept. I guess this in the central London one?

On other forums, there is LOADS of different address for Barclays!!

The first letters I sent were to London, but the ONLY reply I got was from a PO Box in Northampton!!

Hi Bannister,

Just seen about their cheque being returned again and this could be useful in taking a slightly different route.

Write to Barclays Bank PLC London HQ

Tell them BC agreed to remove the adverse markers and pay £50 Comp'n.

The markers were removed but then reposted causing further inconvenience and damage to your credit file and reputation.

And their £50 cheque was returned UNPAID.

Accordingly you will file a court claim against the bank using the COBS regulations unless Barclays do the following within 14 days:-

1. Remove the adverse markers immediately and ensure thay are NOT reposted.

2. Honour the returned cheque upon further presentation.

3. Pay a further sum in compensation for the inconvenience, stress and further damage caused to your reputation caused by Barclaycard's failures.

Send it by RM Signed For Delivery to this address - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?208-Email-or-contact-details-for-Barclays&p=545557&viewfull=1#post545557