Complaining About A Local Debt Collector.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like to issue a complaint to the OFT regarding a debt collector who is listed on their register.

I have no experience in this field and intend to use the template letter and address that is posted in the sticky thread.

I notice that the template was posted back in 2009-I hope the details are still the same?

With regards my complaint,I wish to complain on the grounds of the collectors dishonesty in communications which could be deemed contrary to Section 2 of the Fraud Act,they changed a £600 debt into a £1000 debt on the back of two letters which appears to breach OFT guidelines & they do not appear to be registered with the ICO.

Are these considered reasonable grounds for complaint?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Which DCA, and could you give more info? Going by the simple info you provided, you will be fobbed off by the OFT, as they only deal with complaints en masse.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks Renegadeimp.

The DCA is a very small back street type of set up who I doubt you will have heard of.I'm reluctant to give too much away as I am considering a claim against them in the county court.

If I am fobbed off by the OFT do I have a right to escalate the complaint to the FSO? & if so does the back street debt collector have to pay for the FSO investigation as is the case with banks?

We've heard of pretty much every DCA going. Some DCA's are major national ones who use backstreet offices to avoid detection.

If the FOS gets involved, then yes the DCA will have to pay simply for taking up the case.

The procedure is this:

File FULL complaint with the lender/DCA, they have 8 weeks to file a final response with you.

You have the right to escalate the complaint to the FOS if 8 weeks elapse, or the creditor issues a final response, whichever comes first.

Once the FOS are investigating, the DCA shouldn't keep chasing you or harassing you for the debt. The debt is essentially in deep dispute until the FOS reaches a decision.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I would like to issue a complaint to the OFT regarding a debt collector who is listed on their register.

I have no experience in this field and intend to use the template letter and address that is posted in the sticky thread.

I notice that the template was posted back in 2009-I hope the details are still the same?

With regards my complaint,I wish to complain on the grounds of the collectors dishonesty in communications which could be deemed contrary to Section 2 of the Fraud Act,they changed a £600 debt into a £1000 debt on the back of two letters which appears to breach OFT guidelines & they do not appear to be registered with the ICO.

Are these considered reasonable grounds for complaint?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Please name the DCA we may have 1st hand experience of them.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Still would like to know the name!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: