I've been a naughty boy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Long time reader of the forums, have only posted in one thread before regarding parking tickets when I was issued one in 2009.

Advice was sound, nothing came of it as usual, a couple of 'debt' letters and they soon stopped writing..

I went to the British Grand Prix in 2012, parked at a services so my Uncle could pick me up from there, issued a ticket - again a couple of snotty letters, it's been nearly a year since and not a peep.

Recently though, they've tightened parking where I work. This means I'm choosing to park at a Sainburys across the road on a daily basis, for up to 8 hours a day, if I choose not to move my car..

The number plate on my car is pretty unique, so the guy who wanders round issuing tickets must love it each day knowing I'll be there long enough for him to issue a ticket.

I've started amassing quite a few - all correspondence is kept for record, but ultimately ignored. I've started getting letters from controlaccount plc chasing the money, the usual stuff.

In the back of my mind I'm worried that something more will come of it, because of the sheer volume that I am receiving. I've probably had 15 since the turn of the year..

Now I'm not here for pity or anything like that. I'm stupid for parking there knowing full well I'll get a ticket, and I know a lot of stories on here are "I was 2 minutes over the 3 hours period" and whatnot, I'm openly admitting I flaunt the rules daily, so no beef in that regard please.

I just want your thoughts on how likely this is to go further, based on the 'evidence' they're gathering..

EDIT:

Just to add - All of the regular 'charges' are issued by eurocarparks.

Cheers

Jaspen

Edited by jaspen
added info

Hi Guys

Long time reader of the forums, have only posted in one thread before regarding parking tickets when I was issued one in 2009.

Advice was sound, nothing came of it as usual, a couple of 'debt' letters and they soon stopped writing..

I went to the British Grand Prix in 2012, parked at a services so my Uncle could pick me up from there, issued a ticket - again a couple of snotty letters, it's been nearly a year since and not a peep.

Recently though, they've tightened parking where I work. This means I'm choosing to park at a Sainburys across the road on a daily basis, for up to 8 hours a day, if I choose not to move my car..

The number plate on my car is pretty unique, so the guy who wanders round issuing tickets must love it each day knowing I'll be there long enough for him to issue a ticket.

I've started amassing quite a few - all correspondence is kept for record, but ultimately ignored. I've started getting letters from controlaccount plc chasing the money, the usual stuff.

In the back of my mind I'm worried that something more will come of it, because of the sheer volume that I am receiving. I've probably had 15 since the turn of the year..

Now I'm not here for pity or anything like that. I'm stupid for parking there knowing full well I'll get a ticket, and I know a lot of stories on here are "I was 2 minutes over the 3 hours period" and whatnot, I'm openly admitting I flaunt the rules daily, so no beef in that regard please.

I just want your thoughts on how likely this is to go further, based on the 'evidence' they're gathering..

EDIT:

Just to add - All of the regular 'charges' are issued by eurocarparks.

Cheers

Jaspen

A lot of court papers issued by PPC's this year so far.

If you've had that many, and ignored them all, I reckon you'd got a good chance of recieving yours soon.

Also run the risk of being sued by the land owner for trespass.

If my post was helpful don't forget to click the star!

Advice is offered freely, without liability and without prejudice.

If in any doubt professional legal advice should be sought.

I do not profess to be in any way legally trained, I am a big

oily truck driver and all I know has been learned within the

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Trying to stop smoking?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/give-up-smoking-here/

A dummies guide to the forums

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

--

KEEP WILDLIFE IN THE WILD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

It seems in your case, the parking is deliberate knowing the consequences so probably a good chance you would lose in court.

If he lost what would he have to pay, I assume if it is a free car park then the damages are £0.00

I believe the most they could get is the fee for parking the 8 hrs or so £15, that's a guess. However there are court costs and their solicitors costs to take it court.

So if you do get a court summons, suggest you offer the daily rate cost as a settlement, so if it does go to court you can say you have offered them the current rate. They cant impose a penalty ( no damages just loss of revenue ) and the court costs would dismissed as it was them that turned the fair offer down and decided to proceed.