HD courtesy car is a joke

poppysmama
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

WE have fully comprehensive car insurance with HD. We were hit by another driver last week damaging the back of our car. We phoned HD that night and they dutifully arranged to have our car picked up and a courtesy car dropped to us 5 days later. We have a Honda Civic SE Ctdi 2.3 5 door and we have THREE children.... they have given us a pathetic Peugeot 103 which only seats FOUR!!! Our car will take at least 10 days to repair so how do we transport our children around??? Nationwide are a joke. They claim that the ONLY car they have to use as courtesy cars are these!! Hastings Direct told my husband today that this is not their problem. I do believe that our policy states that the engine size should match on a courtesy car?? Hastings Direct + Nationwide Car = HEADACHE!

This is pretty standard with most Insurers providing a courtesy car. It will be a small hatchback. If the accident was not your fault, you can hire a suitable car and then claim back off the third parties Insurers.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi poppysmama, Thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with the courtesy car you have been provided with. Can you please contact me directly and I will do my best to help you get this situation resolved? help@hastingsdirect.com Many Thanks, Jamie

Thanks for that info uncle bulgaria67. No, the accident wasn't our fault and we are due to go on holiday next week but will be unable to if our car is still not fixed. We cannot fit 2 adults, 3 children and luggage in a Peugeot 103. I wouldn't mind a squeeze IF the Peugeot had 3 seatbelts in the back, but not prepared to risk anyone's life.

Jamie, I have just emailed you all the relevant details.