Lowell/Red chasing Cap1 card debt i'm sure i never had their card.

Miki123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've constantly started receiving letters, calls and texts from these cowboys.

The letters state that I owe £400.28p for a Capital One credit card that as far as I'm aware I have never had.

They state that the debt is from 2003?

(10 years ago) and was taken out at an address I have never lived at (address is my mums address and she moved into their after I moved out of home at 19.

Address was used as a billing address for about 6 months about 8 years ago).

They have just informed me after I refused to discuss the matter over the phone that they had a conversation with me in 2007

and I apparently said that the debt was paid off and I was forwarding them proof.

I never speak to DCA's over the phone and definitely wouldn't agree that a debt was paid off that I have no recollection of ever owning.

I informed them the debt is statute barred anyway and they've stated that "money is still owed so they will push for all monies to be paid back" (good luck with that)

How do I deal with these?

Obviously the debt is unenforceable anyway as it's statute barred

do I just send them the statute barred template letter and tell them to leave me alone

or is there another way to deal with these as the text's and phone calls are getting annoying now.

If there is a debt and it is from so long back then it is statute barred. Wait until they provide any document that states there is a debt for which you are liable, and then simply send them the statute barred letter from the cag library.

Do check your credit files to make sure they aren't doing a hatchet job on that !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

BTW, stay OFF the phone. They will say things on the phone that they will NOT put in writing.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just checked my credit file and they have put a entry up under the name of gothia ltd. with a default date of 12/04/2011?

I have called experian and stated this to them and they have opened up an investigation as the debt apparently was on my file from 2003-2009. It has now been opened up as a fresh debt under my old address that I moved from in dec 2012.

Ok I've typed up the stat barred template letter with intention of posting it today but postie brought a letter this morning from Lowell stating that they have looked into my account and noticed that it is indeed stat barred and they have close my account and that they will no longer contact me with regards to this account.

Ok I've typed up the stat barred template letter with intention of posting it today but postie brought a letter this morning from Lowell stating that they have looked into my account and noticed that it is indeed stat barred and they have close my account and that they will no longer contact me with regards to this account.

Oh that is good news. Please do keep that letter somewhere safe, Just in case it rears it's ugly head again, and you should be able to contact the CR agency and let them know that the entry shouldn't be on there. Keep a check on your file to make sure that it is removed.

BCOBS

I will do I have placed the letter will all the receipts and F&F letters etc from all the debts on our DMP when we cleared that off.

I will keep an eye on the credit file as experian are already investigating that entry so just waiting for a reply from them and then see if Lowell or experian remove it.