4motionfrieght/shiply

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I accepted a quote from shiply from a company called 4motionfreight

,when they sent me an invoice for all payment in advance I cancelled the contract with shiply

,as I was not willing to pay all the money before any work was done,

The man from 4motionfreight then phoned and begged me to go ahead as he said they had booked the ferry etc(goods were going to Portugal

)He told me if I paid £400 deposit and the balance on delivery that would be ok

,On the day of the collection ,in the afternoon he phoned to say they were not coming.

They refuse to refund all the deposit ,keeping back £150 as they say I cancelled.

I am now taking them to the small debt court ,as I object to being conned

.I realise now that shiply is not a company to deal with ,but I would warn anyone not to deal with 4motionfreight

.they tell me that their representative called byron sinclair tells a different story to mine but will not tell me what he says?

as his writing on text messages is not in very good english grammer I doubt if he has much in the way of education

,so I hope if we all end up in court he will tell the truth

.interestinly 4motion and shiply have the same business address!!

carol campbell

• 2 months later...

carol, good evening. I have also dealt with 4 motion freight and Byron Sinclair, who also asked for payment up front. As i had spoken to him almost constantly for 2 weeks i didnt see any trust issues so paid up front £1500.00 as the transport was happening in 3 days from his request, and he said he couldn't fulfill the job unless i paid in full. I had ferries and flights booked to meet him at 3 European destinations and was a bit "over a barrel"

Anyhow, cutting a long story short he took the 1500.00 and never turned up at the collection and i have not heard from him or his company since. Do you have any other contact details as you're taking him to court. in addition to the money taken he has cost me ferries and transport to France Spain when he had no intention of turning up!

This comapny needs to be avoided at all costs!!! I h

• 4 weeks later...
carol, good evening. I have also dealt with 4 motion freight and Byron Sinclair, who also asked for payment up front. As i had spoken to him almost constantly for 2 weeks i didnt see any trust issues so paid up front £1500.00 as the transport was happening in 3 days from his request, and he said he couldn't fulfill the job unless i paid in full. I had ferries and flights booked to meet him at 3 European destinations and was a bit "over a barrel"

Anyhow, cutting a long story short he took the 1500.00 and never turned up at the collection and i have not heard from him or his company since. Do you have any other contact details as you're taking him to court. in addition to the money taken he has cost me ferries and transport to France Spain when he had no intention of turning up!

This comapny needs to be avoided at all costs!!! I h

sorry I have not got back quickly I am now back in Portugal and gave up with 4 motion as it was going to cost me £100 and as they lie maybe I would not win ??if I had won I would of course get the £100 back as well ,did you know the registerd office address is the same as for shiply ??very odd!!I think they are con men who seem to be getting away with it ,for your sum of money I think you should sue ,small debt??carol

• 2 weeks later...

I booked 4motionfreight for an international removal to Sweden via The RoadAhead website. I paid over £700 in advance but communication was good and all my queries were answered promptly so no red flags. On the day of the job the van did not turn up, after waiting over an hour after the scheduled time (it was rush hour in London) I contacted 4motionfreight and was told there had been a breakdown; after several further exchanges it was clear no van was going to turn up. As with Mark above I had onward flights booked so together with the short notice storage for my belongings and the cost of cancelled flights etc the actual cost to me is multiples of what I paid to 4motion.

I have had several emails from various 'people' at 4motion regarding a refund but nothing has materialised so far and communication has now dried up. I suspect it's a single person running this [problem] who adopts various personas to spin things out for as long as possible in the hope that people simply give up.

The company address on Regent Street is a waste of time, this is just a mailing address used by thousands of similar shell companies. I've sourced the incorporation document and this names Hayley Clarke, dob 13 May 1985 as the sole Director. The bank I paid the cash into had a Leicester sort code so I imagine they are operating from somewhere around there.

I too am in the process of submitting a Small Claim through the County Court system but given the very limited information available on this company I am sceptical as to how successful this will be. Hopefully this serves as a warning to others to not be taken in by the low rates offered. I did some due diligence and was a bit worried about the fact the business was only incorporated in February 2013 but I was taken in the good communication and low price - feel pretty gullible now!

I wish you well with 4motion I gave up as I ran out of energy !! also it was going to cost so much.have you reported it to action fraud ?I did and at least its logged with them ,do you know that 4motion and shiply have the same registered office ,look at the registered office of the prople you booked through ,could be interesting ?

I would love to meet the little B that I spoke to so often BYRON ,lord Bryon would turn in his grave as for the hayley ?? I had worked out they must be fron up north as the address I got were up there ,good luck

carol campbell