Jsa

Lula
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I have tried to claim JSA and today have received a letter stating that I havn't contributed enough, I started back to work in April 2011 and finished in March 2013, they are tellin me that as I didnt work in the tax year 2010/2011 I am not eligible.

IK found this but I dont know how current this is "you must have paid (or been credited with) sufficient national insurance contributions in one of the two complete tax years before the start of the calendar year in which you claim."

Which would mean that they are wrong as I worked in one of those full tax years and was credited for the other one as I was claiming child benefit.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Lula
added a bit

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Thanks for your reply, but how long must the contributions be collected, the Leicester uni site says one of the two previous tax years and the JSA people say two?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

It is the previous two tax years so a claim made today would be 2010/11 and 2011/12.

You need to have paid class 1 national insurance for at least 26 weeks through paid employment for at least 26 weeks in each of the tax years.