Welcome / Hegarty LLP Claim Form

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry, a bit confused - do I use the CISheet v101.xls solely for what you've advised?

Also, isn't the APR 58.77%? Sorry to be a pedant!

Yes

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Responding to your PMs Matt

I'm not sure how I can be of assistance with your thread....what is your proposed defence?

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I'm hoping something along the lines of:

1. The total amount payable of the loan was £5,614.20 (36 months @ £155.95)

2. The amount I paid towards the loan through direct debits and debit cards came to the sum of £5,097.64

, as per the statement received in response to my CPR 31.14

- for the majority of the loan period, the direct debit payments were higher, and were aimed at reducing the balance as advised by Welcome

3. The PPI refund was for the value of £1,544.55

4. Ergo, the total paid back to the account was £6642.19

5. As per my spreadsheet of penalty fees,

if there's any way I could simply have them acknowledge I in fact, owe them nothing,

that'd be great (even better if I could get something back though)

6. No default notice that I can see, no response to the CPR part 18 although the request went in the same envelope as the 31.14.

Does this seem OK?

Responding to S.O.S.

andyorch doesn't seem to be online at the moment, so I will leave a note for him to look in.

When the PPI claim was made and they refunded it to the account - was the account in arrears at that time ? Did they then restructure the account to make the monthly payment lower ?

I see you have until the 9th of June to submit your defence, so you have a little time to prepare.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I was paying £190 per month at that point, and had been paying regularly every month, so I'd be confident enough to say that the account wasn't in arrears.

There is this also - signed up for Noddle - the account is on there, and the payment history looks a little TOO good(?) - but it looks like there's never been a default of any sort -??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44205[/ATTACH]

If the account wasn't in arrears at the time of the reclaim, then why did the refund to the account - did you agree to this ?

I will ask one of the PPI guys to have a look in on this particular issue for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It was done as I requested it. It was around the time the whole PPI mis-selling racket got rumbled.

like a chump i took the first offer, this was before i knew what i know now! There's an email from them in an earlier post in this thread..

Unfortunately I didn't get a say about where the refund went to.

sorry, went off track a moment!

Do you have a copy of what you signed when the offer was made.

It would also appear that you have double counted some of the figures in your spread sheet - you might want to recheck those against your statements.

BCOBS

Do you have a copy of what you signed when the offer was made.

It would also appear that you have double counted some of the figures in your spread sheet - you might want to recheck those against your statements.

Could you point me in the direction of the duplicates? I only did what DX advised, didn't think I'd double up?

Ah.. I am just passing a message on, I will get someone to let me know where the discrepancy is..

BRB

BCOBS

Mat....

Ok earlier Post...

pull up your statement one item has been taken at random on the 14/8/08, a telephone charge for £10.

Notice that where the narrative is "Telephone CallFee" the balance doesn't change from the £4400.

The balance changes on theline which has the narrative of "Capitalisation".

So that charge is only added to the balance once although it is identified twice.

The first mention is really just a "Memo".....it actually gets added to the account when it is capitalised.

Hope that helps.

BCOBS

well spotted.

I didn't see that

they'll prob all be the same then.

I have redone the spread

sorry for the mistake last night

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Matt, I have been advised that everything looks ok now :)

BCOBS

I was hoping someone would be able to have a look at this asap. I did send andyorch a PM last night when he was online, but didn't hear back.

I understand that everyone may be busy elsewhere, it's just I'm at my wits' end at the moment over this, and while I know I've got until the 9th June to get my defence in, I just need at least some reassurance that I've got a good chance that I'll be able to put this behind me once and for all.

" I was hoping someone would be able to have a look at this asap. I did send andyorch a PM last night when he was online, but didn't hear back."

That would be along with the other 5 PMs then Matt...to which I have responded earlier.....but again.....what is your proposed defence?

I cover legal Issues and defences your thread is about counter-claiming so far.

We are assisting people everyday on the forum..sometimes with 24 hours notice to get a defence...you have until 9th June......hopefully by that date you will have some ideas of what your defence will consist of...then I can advise.

Regards

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

We have a little bit of time due to the extension

As i have previously stated, i have taken a step back as my views do not seem to be compatible with other posters. i do not get into arguments and it is up to the poster if they wish to accept my recommendations or not.

I am always here in the background though, keep at it for the time being, we have time

As DX helped me with calculating the penalty charges Welcome heaped on the account,

can I contact them directly asking them to reconsider pursuing this through the courts?

As it has become apparent that I may be able to prove that the agreement is unenforceable,

owing to the PPI being mis-sold (I was advised it was mandatory at point of application

- I sent the agreement off withough ticking that and Healthcare, and they sent it back)

and being treated as a charge for credit, which has been used in previous winning cases?

In addition to that,

there a lot of penalty fees,

which appear to be the reason why the balance stayed at the level it had

- can I pursue the reclaiming of these while I am due to file defence by 7th July?