style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son to told them that they were not getting anything that they should leave

they wouldn't so

its all sorted now

i have to pay 350 and 100 a month so speak later

they have took payment with card

sorry but they just wouldn't go away

we tried everything police have gone

but bailiff still in his car still don't know where the other bailiff went

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

grr...

do a chargeback now.

paid under duress

if you can pay

you should do that to the council DIRECT

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What exactly has been put on the levy of distress, bare in mind they have not been in the property, have they? If they are charging anything other than 42.50 1st and 2nd visit fees they are legally obliged to leave one.

If you are in any doubt and they havent left a copy, get onto the office at rossendales, they will have a copy on their computer as bailiffs use a digital pen for their paperwork. Come back on the forum with your findings

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

I hope that Marc Gander raises this type of issue with Marstons, now that Rossers are part of the same group. Bailiffs should not be sat outside peoples home for hours and mis-using the Police when there is not likely to be a breach of the peace.

switchedon has been bullied into paying, by a bailiff who has used intimidation as a collection tool. No doubt they were also embarassed by what their neighbours might think.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Appalling, what were the charges and what was listed by the tossendales muppets? Did you video any of it, you DID NOT HAVE TO PAY THEM A PENNY TODAY

Rossendales now a part of the Marston group are an intrinsically nasty company.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Why did you pay ANYTHING after all the advice given here?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

What on earth is going on with bailiffs at the moment !!!! This is simply awful....

You see more of this that most on CAG. Perhaps because of the internet and consumer programmes on the subject, people are now more aware of what bailiffs can and cannot do. So they don't make the recoveries they are targeted for and faced with the sack, they resort to dodgy tactics.

Why did you pay ANYTHING after all the advice given here?

Because switchedon was nervous and frightened and only joined CAG today. They don't know that good advice is given on this site and wanted the bailiff to go away.

I agree with dx, they should do a chargeback as the money was taken under duress, and pay the money to the council direct.

Because switchedon was nervous and frightened and only joined CAG today. They don't know that good advice is given on this site and wanted the bailiff to go away.

I agree with dx, they should do a chargeback as the money was taken under duress, and pay the money to the council direct.

There really needs to be a major public announcement advertising debtors rights and rules for bailiffs. It's stupid in the extreme sense of the word that bailiffs are allowed to get away with this.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

There really needs to be a major public announcement advertising debtors rights and rules for bailiffs. It's stupid in the extreme sense of the word that bailiffs are allowed to get away with this.

I have a part finished script for an information film about these legalised burglars, but got sidetracked, I would like to progress this, so definitive law and volunteers to appear on camera would be good

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Exactly Daniella, and the bailiffs are desperate to get their coin by fair means or foul, and while SLA and contracts with councils have percentage clawbacks from the bailiff fees nothing will change.

Can I just add that if anyone is reading this thread because they have googled 'bailiffs' and found this site, please start your thread as soon as possible.

If a bailiff arrives and says he is coming back, please don't ignore it and hope he will go away. He won't.

If it is for Council Tax, the Council will call them off if you speak to someone in authority and make an arrangement to pay.

switchedon has had an awful experience today. I wouldn't want to see anyone else go through that.

My son to told them that they were not getting anything that they should leave

they wouldn't so

its all sorted now

i have to pay 350 and 100 a month so speak later

they have took payment with card

sorry but they just wouldn't go away

we tried everything police have gone

but bailiff still in his car still don't know where the other bailiff went

Amazing how it went from £500 now or we get a locksmith to break in` to OK give us £350 and I will go sit in my van ! All with the blessing of the Council and the cooperate police !

It was about three years ago. He managed to get one of the other flat owners to let him into the garage and clamped her car, which she needs for her work, but she believed every word he said about having a locksmith with him, and so did I. They didn't take any action because they had the car, so she agreed, through the door, to get him the money - borrowed it -and he came back the next day. He had added large fees too.

As I say start a new thread about this. Get them to write and ask for a breakdown of the fees. Doesn't matter it was 3 years ago - still plenty of time left to chase them.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will ask her, but I really think she wants to forget all about it.

The fact is that if all is paid then she has nothing to worry about and can take her time to collect everything together but I would respect her wishes, the offer is there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What a day, how does one do a charge back please I really am furious at today's event, To be honest I was in a right state I couldn't think about anything but how to get them from here. My son paid with his card due to the fact they would not leave god I could of killed that bailiff.

I called the office and complained, whoever was on the other end of that phone shouted that there was no locksmith laughed and hung up, I don't care what anyone says that is exactly what he said. Awful people.

What a day, how does one do a charge back please I really am furious at today's event, To be honest I was in a right state I couldn't think about anything but how to get them from here. My son paid with his card due to the fact they would not leave god I could of killed that bailiff.

I called the office and complained, whoever was on the other end of that phone shouted that there was no locksmith laughed and hung up, I don't care what anyone says that is exactly what he said. Awful people.

I'm pleased to hear you are able to reflect on what happened today. I know it is easy for some of us sitting here telling you things but it is yourself that was at the sharp end. Others may comment on the chargeback as that is something I know little of.

You now have a month in which to gather information together and to formulate a plan of action. Post 7 by dx100 is a starting point by asking the Council the questions that were posed and sending off to the Bailiffs for a breakdown of the fees they have charged you - wouldn't surprise me to find they made a levy on a random vehicle in the street.

• Confused 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They are. They lied to my friend about a locksmith too. (Don't know if it was the same firm of bailiffs.)

Your son will have to do the chargeback as it was paid on his card. He phones his bank and says he was forced to pay the money because you were frightened and he paid under duress to protect you because you were very distressed.

He must do that first thing tomorrow before the money can be actually taken from his account.

You must also report his conduct.

They are really wicked and I'm sorry you have had such a dreadful day.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks