style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for advice!

Having major issues with Cash4Phones. . . should have read reviews first but was in a rush to send the phone away, as they chased up my phone with an e-mail saying the offer was only valid for so many days, even though I received the return package 6 DAYS after the date of the letter!

Anyway, I was offered £87 for a Blackberry 9860 which I bought for over £150, thought thats fair enough, so proceed to post it.

They come back with a derisory offer of £30.48!!!. . . £57 shorter than the original offer and quoting that there was and I quote "Excessive scratching on screen"

I would like to point out that this is not the case, I took the liberty to take photos of the phone before posting (which I attach). You will see the screen is near perfect!

Anyway, needless to say I won't be accepting that ridiculous offer, so went to reject it only to find they want to charge £8.95 to return it!

Absolutely disgusted and no idea how to proceed?!

Would be greatful if anyone can help!

Hi.

Hopefully you have read the previous two threads - the one you first posted on and the one which was linked from there and which had a good result after a claim was started.

I'm afraid that for the moment you will have to bit the bullet on the return fee and try to get your phone back.

It seems on previous stories on this forum and elsewhere on the internet that you might have a problem getting your phone back in good condition.

Get your phone back and then we will help you work out what to do from there.

There really is nothing you can do until then.

And if the phone is returned damaged?

It seems like too many good people are falling for this company and they are making a tidy profit on the ridiculous charges for returning items!

There must be something authorities can do??

If the phone is returned damaged then you take the action which has already been taken by others.

We will help you.

If you win, then we will see where we can go from there.

I agree that it is very worrying.

Still, there is nothing you can do until you get the phone back - or else you accept their reduced offer and forget it - which is not something which I suggest you do.

Well done on taking pictures of the phone. That will be an enormous help

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give you an update, I eventually got my phone back from Cash4Phones over a week after they said they had despatched it by First Class signed for!. . . And for 4 days the tracking number didn't exist!

Anyway, I was offered a price of £76 by Mobilephonexchange.co.uk (slightly less than the original offer from Cash4Phones) so sent it off to them!

Within 2 days they confirmed they would pay me the FULL amount of £76!!!

Lesson to be learnt. . . AVOID the shambles / rip off of a company that is Cash4Phones and go with Mobilephonexchange.co.uk

Personally i would be wary of any company that uses a name like cash4phones. Just like cash4gold or lawyers4u.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D