PayPal Dispute! Help?

powah
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I use ebay quite a lot for selling but over the past couple of years I’ve stopped selling expensive items due to the risk.

I’ve had negative feedback a number of times for refusing PayPal on collection items, a few non performing seller reports too just for trying to protect myself. As you say you can’t remove any bank account details I would inform your bank to stop all direct debits to eBay/PayPal.

Even though you have a crime number don’t expect PayPal to help you, it’s down to you in their eyes and you probably got hit with a £17ish surcharge if it was a chargeback.

I was following a thread on the ebay sellers forum regarding a similar situation, even the pinks (ebay staff) were involved and despite the police recovering the stolen property and making a couple of arrests ebay did nothing and the police didn’t pursue it due to PayPal not cooperating, though the seller got their goods back after a couple of months.

Has ebay suspended your account yet? Do other people at your address have different ebay accounts? If they do and ebay suspend your account due to the negative balance they will also suspend every account at your address and the accounts of anyone who has logged into ebay on your computer, ebay are very good at linking accounts using addresses, IP addresses, cookies etc.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did contact my bank and told them to stop direct debits to paypal and stuff. My eBay account is still active. My brother has one too i think so yeah. Im not too bothered if that happens if im honest.

I wouldn’t be bothered either if I’m honest, id rather have my ebay account suspended than be conned out of £400. Apple stuff is like a magnet for fraudster’s on ebay.

There is a good chance ebay will suspend your account and all those associated with you so you better warn your brother.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

While Hammy is technically right, PayPal are in the wrong on this. In my opinion if anyone should be out of pocket it’s the person who let a fraudster use and abuse their eBay/PayPal account either knowingly or not, ignorance is no excuse.

Ebay know sellers are left open to this kind of fraud but won’t do anything to stop it.

• 2 weeks later...

As for sending an empty tracked envelope, it won’t work for two reasons. Firstly the weight/cost would be shown on the envelope, an empty envelope would weigh considerably less than say a mac book or iPhone. Secondly the buyer can change an item not received case to a significantly not as described case. If you send an empty tracked envelope you’re just going to cause more aggro.

I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think PayPal debts can adversely affect your credit rating but I’m not sure. I doubt any DCA will take this very far, as you said once you mentioned police and crime number they say it was going back to paypal….hot brick anyone? lol

As said above, and I’ve said it myself one zillion times use Gumtree to sell expensive items and insist on cash on collection.