SAR Response from Severn Trent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope that someone can point me in the right direction here.. I've trawled through quite a few messages, but can't find the answer to this.

Last week I sent a SAR to Severn Trent on behalf of my partner, using the template from CAG. Yesterday we received a response from them with a SAR template of their own requesting it be completed and it also states by signing the document, she agrees that the 40day period does not start until they are satisfied that they have confirmed identity etc.

This sounds a bit of a rouse to me, but is there a template that we can send to them stating that the document originally sent contained the relevant information and their response is non complaint? We did include a £10 postal order payable to Severn Trent as well, and I am trying to track if that has been cashed at all.

Any guidance would be appreciated...

They are bound by your initial request and they are not entitled to impose conditions.

As long as you have provided satisfactory evidence as to your ID in your first request, they are breaking the law.

Thanks for the response - what is classed as satisfactory evidence? We sent the letter using the template and added in the relevant account and digitally signed with full name.. Is there anything else needed? Or if not, how I do refer them comply with the original request? Thanks again

they are entitled to make sure that you are who you sat you are. this normally means sending soem proof of ID such as recent bill, letter from HMRC etc.

The reality is they know that you are who you say you are and use this as an excuse for delaying and obstructing because they can and it is lawful.

The template doesnt need to be filled in if you think it is onerous or intrusive. For example, proof of date of birth.