payment plan but missed 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I pay £10 a week on council tax arrears, I missed a week but had emailed them to tell them I would miss a payment due to not being paid, but would make up for it next week.

I made double payment, but got told it at baliffs as I failed to inform them, lucky I had email and told them, she then said why did you not just come to the office and tell us or ring, told her it would cost me £5 to get there, which could have just gone on bill if had it and had no credit on phone to ring.

she then said it would be recalled from baliffs, this once, I then asked for diff pay menthod as I have to ring an 0845 num each week to pay as there automated system dint like electron cards, she said call into the offices and pay but it would again cost to much!

It costs me upto £3 each time I ring cz of the system and being placed on hold, this could all go towards bill so annoyed at them!

It same online don't accept electron and no barcode on bill, last time I paid via bank, they said it took 5 days to clear so looked like I was in arrears. I think just gonna have to be short one week and pay double and tell them the reason for it, so can do standing order way

Wi not set up a standing order to pay them weekly then you control the day it's taken and how much and they can't plunder your account. Otherwise, as others have suggested, use internet/online banking and log in to make payment from nots account.

Feebee_71

• 10 months later...

I have a bill of 478.45 for council tax and £10 a week is paid on this, due to the council working out my HB wrong, I have expressed this to council who are looking into it, and have admitted an error but nothing will be officially looked at till middle of April, due to the error I have to pay £75 a week towards rent instead of £25. After expressing this to them I got just pay council tax and if you have overpaid it will be deducted from next years bill.

Today I got a letter telling me to pay £75 in 7 days then the reminder by March 25th or they will take further action, I have spoke to them and told them I can only afford £10 a week, as I need to pay my rent, but they just don't care they have messed up

I've got my local mp, he helping as much as can but council are just telling us, look pay it and it could be Overpaid which would work In your favour, I made clear it was crippling us finance wise.

There welfare team rang and put in application for discretionary as they said they would speed things up if made clear of there errors, I'm more concered of it going to court, then I get fines and they send bailiffs!

This is what I would do. Send a letter to the council asking them to confirm in writing that they have admitted an error on such and such a date, photocopy that letter for your records. Post the original (recorded delivery) and wait for reply. Follow up two or three days later to confirm they have received the letter and ask for the persons name who you are talking to. ( Keep a record of this.) In the mean time, only pay what you can afford and always keep receipts.