Unprotected bond & decorating issues.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My landlord has recently had a damp proof course done on the property after Environmental Health stepped in & made an order on the house. During the course of the work 3 walls had their paper ripped off & were half replastered. Who is responsible for redecorating ? On the tenancy it stares that I must leave the house decorated in the same neutral decor as when I started the tenancy but there's nothing regarding repairs etc made by the landlord.

Also my bond is not protected & when I challenged the LL he became abusive & threatened me with eviction. I know he can't do this as it wouldn't stand up in court due to bond being unprotected but I'm at a loss as how to make him use a deposit scheme. After digging around on the Internet I've found that he's been done for fraud & don't trust him at all.

Any help would be appreciated please, Broke

Claiming £1537 from the HALIFAX

Interest £190.96

TOTAL: £1727.96

Claim submitted to the Halifax County Court.

Deemed served 04/08/2006.

(Yes i am a HALIFAX resident!:) )

The landlord ought to complete the repair by redecorating.

Probably it needs to dry out before redecorating.

It's hard to force a LL to do anything, really.

Are you planning/wanting to move out, or are you wanting to stay? If you want to stay it might be worth accepting that you have to redecorate yourself.

You can take LL to court for non-protection of deposit, and landlord is liable to a fine of between one and three times the deposit. Unfortunately, the procedure for making such a claim is more expensive than the standard court claim.

LL should redecorate wall where plaster was renewed as part of replacing damp course, once new plaster has dried out.

LL can still evict you via a s8 Notice (no deposit protection reqd) or by s21 if he has returned deposit before serving s21. You can still claim for non-protection but it will cost you prob £1K+ in up front Court fees and risk of full defence costs if you lose.