Failed credit check, due to identity theft

sidspop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, this is an interesting tale, and involves the wife, mobile phone company 3, and persons unknown.

The wife had a mobile dongle that we used in a laptop, when going out for a day to car shows etc.

It was only a fiver a month, so she did not notice when the payments stopped.

She had a call from 3 a few weeks back, asking for her by name, and then asking to confirm postcode.

She gave them the postcode, and they refused to speak to her, as it did not match their records.

Another call next evening, and this time got the person at customer services who was custodian of the brain cell for the day.

A sensible converstaion, where the wife pointed out her 3 mobile phone was registered to this address,

and still paying the bill, so she could not live anywhere else. All straightforward so far.

It appears that 3 had a call off a person unknown in London, asking for a change of address.

They than asked for an Ipad, or Iphone or some such to be sent.

We do not know if that happened.

When the address was changed, the bill was sent to the new address,

after a couple of months of not paying it, 3 suspended the account.

Then they started to chase the wife for the unpaid debt.

Now as stated, she was not aware it was not going out of her bank,

so after many many hours of talking to various brick walls in a call centre, she just paid the bill to save getting agro.

During one converstaion, 3 actually suggested that it must be one of the wifes' freinds that had done it, which we find incredulous.

All of £15, to bring it up to date.

She then decided to cancel her 3 mobile phone contract (due to expire anyway)

and went to various mobile phone shops, where she failed credit checks.

we did an online credit check, and 3 have put a black mark against the wife, for a £15 debt, that they cancelled the direct debit.

It also appears from the check,

that not only living in Birmingham (as we do), and having an address in London, s

he has also lived in Leicester for some time,

and had a Shop Direct Finance agreement,

and owes them money as well.

Gets about a bit, does my lady!

So the big question is what is the best course of action to get these bad credit ratings off the systems, when they are there fraudulently?

It also strikes me as very scary that a person can call a number, and get a change of address done, with absolutely zero checks done.

contact actionfraud

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yep. You need to contact the authorities asap and also contact the credit agencies and inform them so you can contest any markers on your credit file.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D