scared to death pls help! What happens on banking job screening / crb checks after caught shoplift in supermarket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3681 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Glad I found this forum and had a good read hope I'm posting at the right place.

I got caught at a supermarket for not paying an item worth £35. (feel deeply ashamed and want to punish myself more than anyone else, I don't why I did it had some alcohol before that happened and curious about things, I would never do that again, so no lecture pls)

The security took me to a back room and checked the price of item and called duty manager,

and they said you are lucky as usually the would call police straight away

and then gave me a piece of paper (NOTICE OD INTENDED CIVIL RECOVERY) RLP.

They said you need to make the payment with certain days and they are not calling police this time.

And I'm banned from the supermarket lifetime (from duty manager) and banned from the mall for six months (from mall security).

I explained to them I have been out of job for a while and apparently had a job offer and now under screening checks.

They asked me do I use other facilities in the mall I said I will need to enter the work place in the estate

and the gym in the mall as well.

And supermarket security asked the mall security are you sure you want to go ahead.

However he said keep this paper (mall ban 6 months) and come back to me with your proof of work offer, but don't lose this paper.

Not sure what he meant by that (I was panicking so just wanted to leave that place so didnt ask many Qs).

My quesions -

On the notice of intended civil recovery

- on the bottom NB it said data protection act 1998 does not prevent use of data for civil recovery and employment screening purposes...

. You are notified that personal info held about you may be passed to police for criminal proceedings....

Your personal data maybe stored and used by prospective employers working client companies to make employment decision.

They all sound quite scary to me, the work I'm applying is with a major bank.

Would this be somehow disclosed to checking party on behalf of the bank?

It mentioned they can pass my detail to police.

They didn't do so at the incident.

If they pass onto police

Would I have a criminal record or any negative record on file that would be represented in CRB cheek?

It all happened yestersay and I am going back to the mall to let the security person know I have an offer with the bank as he suggested.

Do you think he would be planning to lift my ban to the mall?

Otherwise why did he ask me to do so?

He sounded quite nice and ensured me don't worrry about the credit checking etc

this is civil matter won't affect my history.

Is this their general style when things happen or what he actually meant it? S

Sorry for all this and really appreciated any comments from you guys!

Looking forward to hearing your advices!

M

all just willy waving...

firstly

DO NOT WHATEVER YOU DO

PAY RLP ANY MONEY

it is NOT A FINE..

the POLICE/COURTS are the ONLY people that can demand any money from you.

there will be NOTHING on your CRB at all about this.

the police were not involved

you were not cautioned etc etc

they have NO involvement.. end off.

as for getting 'permission' from the security lot to enter the mall to do you job.

me thinks that's willy waving too.

please read some threads here

you'll soon get the idea on RLP and their scary 'speculative' invoices.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx, thanks alot for the quick response.

I read alot about RLP i guess technically they can not issue a "fine"

however they will somehow have my information (the shop and mall security took info from my driving license).

If they pass onto their cerico limited database and Regiester me as dishonest.

Could I requested RLP not to do so?

Would a bank have access to that database?

(I heard RPL have retail clients)

does it mean only those clients have access to it?

Thanks Again

its a ruse

to make you 'think' they play some kind of legitimate role inshop lifting

THEY DO NOT.

the 'database' cannot harm you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

agree with all of the above that has been said ,

however got to say that if you don't want the hassle of arguing with them and want an easy life

pay RLP and take your letter to mall security.

However RLP charges are not a fine ,

it will not show on any crb check as you were not arrested

and no Police called,

all they will do is send you lots of letters threatening all sorts which you can just ignore,

although the security person has not got any great authority you may find if its simply a case of showing him a letter

and it makes him happy and your life easier and its not an inconvenience just do it.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Thanks blonde. I will go to security show him my job proof and hopefully he can do something about it. I need to use the gym regularly as well. Anyway I'm bit confused with the 6 months ban. If they decide to go ahead with it does it mean they will inform all shops (100+ shops) to ban my credit card and acress to gym?

Thanks all

i would think the information commissionaires office would be very interested if this database purports use for employment checks etc

cerico limited database

sounds like Norris Mcwhirter and the economic league data base again

this will give you an idea on how serious the ICO consider such databases and human rights

http://strongerunions.org/2013/04/16/blacklisting-scandal-uncovered/

Nothing will happen.

DX already explained it in post 2.

All that will happen is RLP or whoever will send you a few letters,

each getting more desperate in tone, and some runnign to a few pages long.

They will make out that they have some kind of authority and you must do what they say,

but at the end of the day,

NOTHING they say is based in reality.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 year later...

No police involved means nothing will show.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If an employer intends to seek information from databases such as the one that Cireco supposedly operates,

then they need to tell you the type of information that they will be requesting.

A bank (and many other institutions) will certainly advise that the information that you provide may be used to check your address,

references, credit file and criminal records (this incident will not appear on any CRB if the police were not involved at any stage)

but they would also need to tell you specifically if they intend to use any database for those suspected of shoplifting.

That is MOST unlikely to happen, as any such database would seem to be on very dubious legal foundations

due to the fact that those recorded on Cireco's database will almost certainly not have had the allegation put before a court,

so in the eyes of the law would be innocent until proven guilty.

The potential for defamation claims would make it almost impossible for such a database to ever be used for screening purposes.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!